HELP: Unstable Connection
boultonclr

We have been unable to have trust worthy internet connection for the past two months.  I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue.  To began it started out with a connection problem that I couldn't fix through the normal means.  After calling Verizon they sent us a new modem, a d-link 2750b.  We have been still facing the issue where our internet light on the modem will go off and will not come back until turning the modem off and back on, mean while we have no connection (without losing sync).  Now this isn't a problem that much but when it can happen like 10 times in an hour its quite annoying.  I have called back many times to get it fixed but with no luck.  The computers used one runs on vista and the other is on windows 8, both wirelessly, running with a Ethernet hasn't made a difference either.  If I run the diagnostics tools on the modem page the vista fails the ping test with 100% loss and the windows 8 fails the ARP test even if we are connected at that exact moment to the internet.  There are filters where there needs to be and none when there shouldn't, the configuration of the modem is also good, and according to the many tech's that have come the numbers all look good.

Now if I run the internet dianostic tool while I have connection it might show up all good or it may be bouncing back and forth between these two error messages causing the connection to be slow:

imageimage

This also tells me the problem is not fixed because soon enough when the internet light goes out I get the following message from the tool:

0 Likes
Re: HELP: Unstable Connection
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: HELP: Unstable Connection
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We haven't heard from you, boultonclr. We are unable to assist if we do not have your account information and have closed your Private Support Case after multiple contact attempts. If you have any further questions or concerns about your service feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to look into it.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes