HORRIBLE Customer Service and total lack of communication!!
maismiles527
Enthusiast - Level 1

On the evening of July 21st I lost my internet connection.  The next morning I calledand they said they could send a tech out and the earliest they had was on 24th between 8am and 12pm.  I said that would have to be ok since I have to go into work that afternoon (even though I was hoping they would have a tech available that day or even the next day!).  I asked if the tech would call when he/she arrives because I live in a condo and my door may be difficult to find.  They said absolutely and they would make a note of that.

Today, July 24th, I sat around and waited all day for someone to show up.  

12:05 - I called to ask what the status was on my tech arriving.  I was informed that the tech was currently working on the lines and I should hear from the tech between 1:30-2:30.

2:35 - I called back because I still received no phone call and no one showed up.  I was then told that I should hear from them between 3:00-4:00.  I informed them that I needed to go to work and that was why I scheduled the appointment for the morning hours.  I was told to just wait a little longer because I HAD to be home for them when they arrive.

2:38 - I received a verizon "do not reply" message stating that a tech has been dispached.  Hmmm...I was informed twice already that someone was already working on the lines.

4:03 - I had to call again because I STILL did not hear from a tech nor did a tech ever show up.  They tell me they are "working on the box" but then tell me that a tech showed up but no one was there.  I was sitting home all day!  Then they ask if I had any missed calls.  Obviously not since I was waiting all day for their call or for them to ring the doorbell.  Then I'm told, "Well maybe the tech has your wrong information.  Let's check your address and phone number."  What a joke!  Of course all of my information was correct.  "Well, the tech said no one was there."  I then told them that the tech is lying to cover their butts because I was home all morning and afternoon.  They said they will get someone out their quickly to fix this and someone should arrive soon.

4:37 - I received another verizon "do not reply message stating "repair request has been resolved.  thank you for using verizon."  I checked and sure enough I still was unable to connect to the internet.  I decided to wait to see if someone would show up at my door...what was I thinking!

5:00 - I called AGAIN.  They said "It looks like you line is fixed, but now we have to reset and reconfigure your modem.  I will walk you through the steps."  ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!  If I did not call, how would this have been handled?!

After we reconfigured the modem, I finally had my internet back.  However, I asked to be transfered to a supervisor.  What a joke that was.  I told the supervisor everything and all I got was "I'm sorry.  This won't happen again.  We will look into it."

I then was transfered to Billing so I could request a credit for the days that I had no internet.

I had to miss work today because of Verizon's incompetance.  There was no communication AT ALL.  I SPECIFICALLY planned this around my work schedule so I wouldn't have to MISS work.  And because of Verizon, I had to call out at the last minute because I kept being told "a tech should be contacting you soon...just wait a little longer."

I am EXTREMELY upset with verizon's customer service.  You could really care less about inconveniencing your customers, so stop teaching them to say "sorry for your inconvenience."  Between being told "someone is currently working on your lines," to text messages saying "someone is being dispatched," and then "someone was there but you weren't," no one knows what anyone is doing there obviously and all you are doing is trying to cover up your own mistakes.

I am currently looking into a different service provider and will be sharing this with others who are thinking about switching to verizon.  This is totally unacceptable.  Having to call out of work at the last second made me look irresponsible and incompetant and I lost a day's pay...and all I get is an "I'm sorry, it won't happen again."  

What a joke.

Tags (1)
Re: HORRIBLE Customer Service and total lack of communication!!
ranatlas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sorry to hear about your experience but I am not surprised.  I cannot stand Verizon's so-called Customer Service, and trying to communicate with them is a royal pain.  When I was trying to get my email account set up, they couldn't give me the user name that I wanted, because they said the name had already been taken, yet the name was mine to begin with!  I had to set up a second account with Verizon and settle for a different username.  Then two days ago I clicked on a link in one of their emails, so I could try an upgrade to FiOS Quantum 50/25 Mbps Internet for free for one month.  I spent a lot of time entering the order online; finally got an order number.  Upgrade hadn't gone into effect the next day, so I did a support chat and was told it takes between 24-48 hours.  Okay, so now it's two days later, I still don't have the upgrade (in fact, my speeds are slower than ever), I went to their site (which is slow as molasses & has poor navigation) and found a link to click on to check order status.  After getting a message saying Order Status is not available at this time, I came back later and it worked.  However... the result of checking the Order Status? Verizon does not recognize the Order Number!  Message said "Your Order Number and/or ZIP Code do not match our records." This is ridiculous!  I have a feeling they botched my order and I'll have to start all over again. 

Sorry to ramble on about my experience.  I sure hope you will have much better luck with these jokers soon. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello ranatlas

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup, absolute worst **bleep** run around ever.  I'm in the same boat.

ranatlas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is trying to resolve my issue privately.  I give them credit for that, although I had to jump through a few hoops in order for this to begin to happen.  I would suggest posting your specific issue here, and see if you get a response from Verizon.

In the meantime, below are my latest speed test results.  I'm supposed to be getting 15 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.  I'm hoping that things will improve if/when I get my upgrade to Quantum. 

Note: www.testmy.net is more reliable than the other Internet speed testing sites out there.  It is an unbiased option independent from the Internet Service Providers.  Check it out.

:::.. Internet Speed Test Result Details ..:::

Download Connection Speed:: 6512 Kbps or 6.5 Mbps

Download Speed Test Size:: 5.8 MB or 5944 kB or 6087000 bytes

Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 814 kB/s

Upload Connection Speed:: 341 Kbps or 0.3 Mbps

Upload Speed Test Size:: 256 kB or 262144 bytes

Upload Binary File Transfer Speed:: 43 kB/s Timed:: Download: 7.478 seconds | Upload: 6.144 seconds

Tested At:: http://TestMy.net Version 13 Test Time:: 2013-07-25 10:06:22 Local Time Location:: Buffalo, NY US >> Destination:: Dallas, TX US Validation:: http://testmy.net/db/Yrls7jz.SDYe2WK Multithread Test Utilizing:: testmy.net, dc.testmy.net, eu.testmy.net, west.testmy.net, cloud.testmy.net, asia.testmy.net and west2.testmy.net

0 Likes
maismiles527
Enthusiast - Level 1
I want them to actually look into what happened that day AND tell me what information they found. "I'm sorry. We will look into this. It won't happen again." isn't good enough for me. Because we ALLLLL
KNOW it WILL happen again. Maybe not to me, but to other customers.

I sat around waiting and no one showed up. I got all different stories every time I called and not ONE phone call from THEM. Verizon needs to do a better job on who they are hiring. If they knew the tech was going to be later than the 4 hour block of time I was given, I should have received a call to see if I still wanted someone to come or if I wanted to reschedule...not tell me, just wait a little longer, he will be at your house soon (and then end up never even HAVING to show up at the house)!!! Also, after the line was fixed, shouldn't the tech HAVE to come to my house to reset and reconfigure the modem? Sure the line was fixed, but I still had no Internet connection because the modem had to be reconfigured!

It really burns me up that I ended up missing a day of work when no one showed up at my house.
0 Likes
ranatlas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear you.  I had an experience this past Friday that irked me, although it wasn't nearly as bad as your experience...

A tech visit was scheduled for a 4 hour block of time, which was fine - I just wanted to be notified when tech would be on the way because I had to work that day.  I got a text message approx. 1 hour into the window of time - it said that a technician was being dispatched.  I rushed home, only to wait for about 1 1/2 hours.  Nobody had showed up.  Next I got an automated message from Verizon, telling me that a technician had started to work on the problem (?).  I wondered how that could be, because the problem was something that would involve the tech coming into the house to have a look at the FiOS ONT box and power supply!  I called Verizon - spoke with an agent who looked up the service order and basically told me that I was on the schedule for that day and that block of time.  He could not answer the question of why I got the text message about the dispatching, plus why I got the phone message about the problem being worked on.  So I just waited... and a tech did eventually show up (about 1/2 an hour after I got another text message saying that a technician had been dispatched), found that the power supply had malfunctioned, which caused the problem with the ONT box.  He replaced the bad power supply, replaced the backup battery, rebooted the ONT box, rebooted the FiOS router.... however, I still had no Internet connectivity.  He did try his best but it was frustrating that the "blame" seemed to be placed on my computer... there are no issues with it - network adapter (ethernet card) is fine; ping tests show that TCP/IP stack is good, and so is NIC.  Also, could not connect wirelessly with my wife's laptop computer. 

So, I called Verizon again... agent said Verizon would swap out the router.  It has to be shipped to me because this type of router is not available in Verizon store in my area.  (I had to make several phone calls to find this out.  Agent had given me outdated info re:Verizon stores.)  Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your experience... must have been maddening, to say the least, that you waited so long and missed a day of work because of their lack of communication.  I also wish I could have received a phone call, instead of the duplicate text messages and the recorded phone message with false information.  Oh, and shortly after the technician left, I got a phone call (recording) saying that the issue has been resolved... when in fact it had NOT REALLY been resolved!

Getting sick and tired of having to make calls to Verizon and repeat the story over and over (after having to prove who I am, with account number, 4 digit pin, etc.)... and the story keeps getting longer each time! 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning ranatlas,

We were able to resolve the issues you had with your service. We did do some extensive troubleshooting to isolate the slow speed issue. Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns here on the forums. You were a pleasure to work with and our team wishes you a great day.

Thanks again,

Rachel_VZ

ranatlas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Rachel_VZ,

Thank you for your message.  I would especially like to give a shout out to Josh B from the forums support team.  Josh took the time to call me, at my convenience, to run some tests with me which helped to isolate the connectivity/speed issue with my desktop pc.  I greatly appreciate his assistance! 

Thanks again,

ranatlas

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Randy,

Glad we could get to the bottom of the issue and get things worked out for you. Reach out to us anytime you have questions.

Josh B