HORRIBLE service
Muldrick

Just venting here (since I can't get anywhere with tech support)

Keep loosing the DSL service, just turn the modem on and off it comes back. The point is that I shouldn't have to do that.

20 phones calls to tech support, they run their line check etc. And all is fine because they told me to reboot the modem.

They keep missing the point that restarting the modem fixes the problem, until I loose the connection again (several times a day)

They send it to another department, I get a voice mail saying all is fine. 

I have probably spent 20-30 hours on the phone with them , all waisted time.

Not to mention that when I was at a different address:

Just moved in, tried to get service, Verizon says sure, it is available. Set it all up, next day I get a call....oops, not available in my area.

They went back and forth 6-7 times, available/not available. 

Even sent me the equipment, and finally determine that it is NOT available.

I STILL get a bill for 36 bucks.

This was last June and I am STILL trying to get my 36 bucks back.

Spoke to them on the phone trying to get this credit, I need the previous months bill to "prove" that it's me. Errr, new service, THERE IS NO PREVIOUS MONTHS BILL. She said there is one and I get no further with this.

Why can't they freaking apply that credit to this current (crappy) account.

Bottom line, absolutely freaking horrible.

The service between Verizon Wireless and this is night and day.

I'll be switching to some other service.

0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi muldrick

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
_Nader

I have the same problem - The Internet connection is lost once every few minutes and when I call in they take my account information and behave like I am the only one wit the problem.

0 Likes
shawnd11011

been having dsl issues for 2 months going on 3 now and its cost me $160 replacing thing they say were the problem because they are to stupid to admit its thier problem

0 Likes
_Nader

Have not had Internet since Saturday morning.  Scattered service sunday night with internet going out every 2 or 3 minutes.  And today Monday -- No internet service.  No acknoledgement that there is an issue.

And when you call - they have to ask for the account number - you just gave on keypad agine - Then verify your name and address and tell you - they are sorry YOU ARE HAVING A PROBLEM.  Like everyone else is not having this problem, while I know all my neighbors are also having the same problem.

3 days of no internet service for an ISP in 21st century is UNACCEPTABLE.

0 Likes
gorunn122

I just switched to Verizon last Tuesday the 8th because of the "deal" for the package.  My internet went out Sunday at 4 PM ALREADY, AND the tech is coming out THURSDAY!!!  I can't believe what a knucklehead I am for switching to a service that takes 4 to 5 days to repair!  Verizon is making Comcast look like Tom Brady yesterday against the Jets.

0 Likes
2much1

I normally am not someone who posts on a forum but I am at the end of my patients.  I put in an order with Verizon to have my service moved to a new address.  The appointment was in 5 days and while this seemed a bit long, I accepted the wait.  Monday came and the phone was turned on with little issue and on time but I was informed that the Internet would require a different appointment.  I called Verizon to get an idea when this would be since I had already taken off from work for the phone.  I was promised it would be on at midnight that night.  Tues, Wed, and Thursday were filled with empty promises of Internet and terribly long conversations with multiple people who told me everything from there being no record of my order to arguing about where I live?? Finally, I was promised a personal visit on Thursday.  A tech showed up at the house without calling so I could meet him, left a modem and disappeared.  I called Verizon again at 3.  They "promised" to call right back and when I called them back, it was to late for a call.  Friday morning I was told they would come Friday afternoon and Friday afternoon I have been told that they will come sometime between 8 and 5 on Saturday.  Forgive me if I am not holding out much hope.  I have been a loyal Verizon customer since getting my first home a long time ago but am ready to terminate my relationship with them.  I have been very vocal about my disappointment in their service and at this point I would not recommend them to anyone.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please come back and let us know how you make out tomorrow.

0 Likes