HSI: Customer Service Complaint
nayloc

To Whom It May Concern,

Please let me explain my recent distasteful and horrendous experience with your services.

I had selected your company to service my internet over your competitors because of the reviews of your services and felt confident that your services were superior. I have been drastically proven wrong, and have subsequently gone with TIME WARNER to service my internet and cable. Your company highly lacks in customer service and general customer experience - I am horrified.

Setup - This is where the disappointing experience began. Upon submitting my initial request for high speed internet online, I was informed via email that I needed to call Verizon to provide verification of my credit. I called the credit department, and was subsequently transferred in a circle of 5 different individuals, credit, sales, dispatch, sales, and finally credit again due to an 'anomaly' with my order. After the initial 30 minutes on the phone I was told to re-input my order online, and stayed on the phone while doing so. This 2nd order failed to go through due to a 'system issue' and so a 3rd order was entered and after an hour on the phone I was finally assured that my order had gone through successfully. The customer representative advised there was no way for them to cancel the other 2 pending orders and to just let them sit and they would eventually expire due to the pending credit verification. Excuse me??? I subsequently got bombarded with chasing emails from Verizon on these orders.

Phone Jack Installation - Unfortunately my new apartment did not have a phone jack and so I called Verizon to arrange an installation. Over the phone I was informed that a technician would come to install a phone jack for a charge of $95 on Monday 11th August, and that I would receive a phone call 30 minutes prior to the technicians arrival. Monday came and went without a phone call. Upon checking online I was surprised to see there was a technician arranged for the next day, Tuesday 12th August between 8am-12pm. I made a series of last minute work arrangements to ensure I could take this time off work to allow the installation to go ahead. After waiting home for the entire 4 hour period, again no phone call, and no-one turned up. Later that day I called Verizon customer service again, and again was informed there was an issue with my order. There was no clear explanation given other than yet another 'system issue'. When I asked to re-arrange the phone jack installation for later the week, I was told the only available slot was in September! After the experience I had to date I was shocked to find out there was no option to expediate my order with dispatch either.

You can be assured that I will be sharing this experience via social media, all NYC media outlets and you can be sure that I will be in contact with my lawyer to discuss the legality of your incompetance.

IN ADDITION, I am in current contact with the better business bureau in regards to this horrifying customer service experience.

At an absolute minimum I would expect your company to offer some compensation for the 1/2 day I took off work, only to find that there never would be a representative come for installation. I would like to be 100% compensated for this order and all of my trouble.

Please contact me on how this can be resolved.

Regards,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: HSI: Customer Service Complaint
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
nayloc
If you read my post I have tried that route and it failed. Not to worry I will post this on your Facebook and Twitter page and see if that gets your attention.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You must apply to Verizon directly for any compensation claims. You do not mentio having done that.

0 Likes