HSI Intermittent and Laggy
kevans4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I hope someone on this forum can truly help me because Verizon support sucks.

I've had Verizon High Speed Internet since December 2010 and since December, I've had nothing but problems with this internet service. My internet connection will drop randomly, at different times, and it makes game play (XBox 360) very laggy.

Connection on the laptop seems to be OK at times and then it will run at a snail pace for a few hours and then pick back up again.

Connection on the Xbox is straight garbage. We play XBox Live a lot and therefore need a reliable connection to host games or even participate in a game without lagging or having a jumpy connection.

We also run a PS3, in which if the Xbox Live player is playing online, the PS3 player cannot play online or watch movies through Netflix at the same time because the connection on the Xbox Live will become laggy or just crash all together.

I've contacted Verizon support every month since December about this and just recently, 2 days ago. They told me I would have a solution today, but I've heard that before. I keep suggesting that they send a tech to my house and of course, they want to troubleshoot and do everything else besides send a tech.

Any suggestions on my issue? I'm sure my issue is probably someone else's issues as well, so ANY help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: HSI Intermittent and Laggy
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would help to know at least:

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

kevans4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon sent us a Westell 7500 and I'm running on a laptop using Windows 7. Also, this connection is only bad at my home. If I go to my grandmother's home and use her internet, which is in the same state and she uses Verizon as well, it's just fine. No lag, no dropped connection...Perfect.

0 Likes
kevans4
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE~

Verizon informed me that my intermittent connection would be fixed by 5/20. It is now 5/22 and after two calls to Verizon, I am still on hold with one representative because they didn't fix "jack". I asked them NOT to run a test on my line but to get their "donkeys" out here and fix my "freaking" connection ASAP. They are sending a tech tomorrow between 8am-12pm.

I will update on what they find/figure out because this is freaking ridiculous.  

Advice to those wanting Verizon as their internet provider~RUN...and don't look back.

0 Likes
kevans4
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE~

Verizon has no confirmation/knowledge of a tech being sent to my home today. Yet...they set the appointment last night at 6:33pm...so how would they not have the confirmation?!?!?!

These incompetent {word filter avoidance} have gotten on my last nerve.

Can ANYONE help me with my connectivity issues because obviously I'm about to get certified as a Verizon HSI tech to fix my own connection issues?? Smiley Mad

0 Likes
High Speed Internet Intermittent and Laggy
kevans4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please somebody help me. I have called Verizon 3 times today and am now on the phone with another supervisor who does not know what he is talking about. I have posted my stats below. I am clueless to what is going on and what can be done b/c Verizon support is NO help whatsoever. Please help!

Transceiver Statistics Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h Vendor ID Code 4D54 Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt Data Path INTERLEAVED   Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1792 448 Margin (dB) 9.3 14.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 63.5 31.5 Transmit Power (dBm) 16.8 11.9

0 Likes
Re: High Speed Internet Intermittent and Laggy
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Did you try connecting the modem to the NID?

If not, try that so that we can know if the issue is OR is not about your inside phone lines.

#2 If you don't know what a NID is, look at

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

0 Likes
kevans4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure where the NID is located.  I'll search the outside of the townhouse and try and locate it.

We don't have home phone service, only high speed internet, if that helps. 

0 Likes
kevans4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, Verizon has re-scheduled my appointment for the following day...so still no resolution to my issue. I was unable to locate the NID, so I'm assuming it is somewhere that I cannot access. This is the third time they've either re-scheduled/cancelled/no-show on my appointments and frankly I'm past fed up.

I've googled for their Corporate number since no representative I speak to will give it, but the number I keep calling is incorrect. Does anyone have their corporate number? I wouldn't be so hard up on trying to get this issue fixed if I had more options as far as providers in my area. But it's only Comcast and Verizon that service my area. Please, someone help with my issue or provide me with a corporate number because I've had to take off of work 3 days now and now have to take off a 4th day because Verizon took it upon themselves to cancel my appointment.

Thanks In Advance.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the Westell go to Advanced -> Private LAN OR Advanced -> IP Address Distribution (which ever exist in your router{

#2 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

#3 In the Westell go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play OR Advanced -> UPnP (which ever exist in your router)

#4 What is the current setting?

#5 Do you have both the Xbox and the Playstation on at the same time OR do you use only one at a time?

0 Likes