HSI - No Internet Connection (Intermittent)
Matlock133
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our HSI internet connection was down this past Saturday (12/16) and resumed the following day (12/17).  However since then there have been several days / periods where the internet connection has been down.  Generally these periods are several hours (not seconds / minutes).  When the lost internet occurs, the DSL light is steady green and the internet gateway light is off.  I use the Verizon provided modem as  a bridge to my router and have not had any issues connecting to router.  No changes were recently made to this setup.  I have contacted support twice and only recieved instructions such as "try ressetting the modem".  They clearly do not understand the problem and are not capable of adressing it; nor would they escalate the problem to a more knowledgeable representative.

Modem/Router: Dlink DSL-2750B (Bridge)

Router: Netgear Nighthawk R6700

Any suggestions to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated. We are now on day six of no / intermittent service. In the past our outage issues have been physical line damage outside of our property.  However, I believe this was always accompanied by a red flashing dsl light.  Therefore, I assume this is a new / different issue.

0 Likes
Re: HSI - No Internet Connection (Intermittent)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you also having any issues with slow performance when the DSL is up, primarily around the evening hours or when the total outage you report happens?

0 Likes