HSI/Phone problems
kcspis2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am planning to send the letter below, am I wasting my time? Cannot sit on the phone any more going through ARU and then being transferred rep to rep.

I am writing to inform you of our dissatisfaction with the Verizon part of the Triple Play that started March 2013.

We have had numerous problems with the HIS since installation, getting progressively worse the past couple of weeks. Have spent hours on the phone going through the ARU before being able to speak to a live representative, who, while pleasant, cannot seem to come up with an answer to our “intermittent” outages.

The second service tech in 2 weeks just left the house and informed that it was  “ok” now, and when asked what was wrong, it was always something the prior tech, or installer did or didn't do.

I have created a chart showing pros and cons of the Verizon and DTV pieces of the Triple Play.

VERIZON

Pros:

NONE

Cons:

HIS slow

HIS intermittent service

Unable to stream On Demand programs since internet speed is too slow

Phone crackles

Cannot speak to a rep without going through long waits after ARU

Cannot email for assistance

DIRECT TV

Pros:

Excellent picture

Genie superior product

Able to reach “live” rep quickly

Able to contact customer service by email

Reps call you back

Cons:

Weather outages

Scheduled service call took 6 days

As you can see, while not perfect, DTV supplies a good product, while Verizon does not.

Should we decide to cancel our service, will we have to cancel DTV as well?

0 Likes
HSI/Phone problems Northern Virginia-HELP REQUESTED
jjhwbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

During the most recent storm two days ago the HSI stopped working. Phone is fine.  We have had this happen before and the customer service line is a long waste of time.  It is not the modem, the phone, the PC etc.  The service techs on line cannot fix the problem, which is the same experience as in the past.  What is needed is for a Verizon technician to check the external lines adjacent to the community.  Last time I posted in this forum and someone very rapidly got in contact and within hours we were functioning again.  Two days the HSI is down and is impacting work.  Last time it was down 8 days and after repeated calls to an overseas technician the local office called to confirm we were correct that it was the local external lines for the community. 

Who do I call to get a repair ticket in ASAP??

Thank you kindly.

0 Likes
Re: HSI/Phone problems Northern Virginia-HELP REQUESTED
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi jjhwbb

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

jjhwbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will do.  I opened an exchange on line and the technician is wasting my time once again and proposed a technician visit to the house in two days.  This has happened ten times over the past several years.  Always related to a storm event such as we had recently and NEVER involved a house visit.  A priority repair ticket was opened and within hours the HSI was functioning again. 

0 Likes
kcspis2
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI Copper, by you replying to my post, asking for help, hijacked mine so I get no answers. No prob, I know it was an honest mistake. Should start a new topic.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Jjhwbb,

Glad to hear your HSI is back up and running.  At this time we've close your private support case, but if anything else should come up feel free to go ahead and create a new post.

Thanks,

Paul C.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kcspis2 wrote:

FYI Copper, by you replying to my post, asking for help, hijacked mine so I get no answers. No prob, I know it was an honest mistake. Should start a new topic.

If your phone line has static on it, you have a good indication of a line fault right there. Start off by turning off your DSL modem to see if the static continues. If it does, you will want to take a phone with you out to the NID Verizon should have installed for your line. The NID is usually a gray colored box if it's reasonably new found near your electrical meter or panel. Inside of the NID, there is usually a test jack which you can access. This test jack when used disconnects your home wiring so you can prove this is a Verizon problem. 

If static is still present at the NID, call Verizon voice repair so that they can get to the root of the problem. If they visit your house, let the tech who visits know about your DSL so that both services are working. When phone service is repaired, DSL service will in most cases follow.

0 Likes