Having problems with my DSL during night
fixORdc

I'm having some problems with my DSL every NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It starts at 8pm then it comes back during morning. 

I CALLED 4-5 times on CS Verizon and they said they couldn't do anything (useless)

I found a video that's VERY VERY much alike of what is happening to my internet right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDK5H0MPoA&feature=related

My dad, who's giving this **bleep**ty company money is using the internet during nighttime and is currently {word filter avoidance} **bleep**, so in no more/less than 4-5 weeks were gonna go get a cable internet, get another isp/phone provider if this **bleep** isn't fix. Verizon would probably care less cuz were just 1 out of million subscribers in america.

PS: Media rules

Anyone care to help? I don't wanna call again and get the same {word filter avoidance}  explanation like "internet traffic/buildup cuz too many people are using the internet at the same TIME! {word filter avoidance}  IT's NIGHT! everyone's {word filter avoidance}  ASLEEP and RESTING!

So yeah.. 

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 06-29-2009 09:00 PM
0 Likes
Re: Having problems with my DSL during night
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

#3 What software firewall is on your computer?
0 Likes
fixORdc

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

= Westell 6100 (No connection to my modem whatsover, my problem only happens during night)

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?

=Linksys WRT54GL (still no connection to my problem whatsoever, my problem happened before I even bought a ro...

s

#3 What software firewall is on your computer?

Microsoft's firewall....-.- (still..... )

Did it help? I doubt it. Please ask serious questions.

Thanks for trying to help

Message Edited by fixORdc on 07-01-2009 12:10 AM
0 Likes
westom
Contributor - Level 1

@fixORdc wrote:

Did it help? I doubt it. Please ask serious questions.

Long before anyone can post a useful reply, first you must provide useful numbers.  Your original post said you had DSL failure routinely at night.  Nothing more.  No numbers.  No facts. Your replies will only be as useful as the facts you provide.

dsir595148 asked for information that should have been in your original post.  And he must ask many other questions because you have shorted your help of so much information - especially numbers.  You did not even define how your Westell 6100 is setup.  As a bridge or a router?  Critically important long before anyone can help.  He will have to ask that and a long list of other fundamental details you have not yet provided.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Please think about this question. Please do not do what is told at that FAQ, at this time.

Did you follow:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

All DSLR (dslreports.com) FAQs » Verizon Online DSL FAQ » Hardware » How do I use a router with the Westell 6100

?

#2 Post your modem stats from your modem.

#3 If you have no idea of what I mean: Which Westell 6100 is it?

At that FAQ, they talk about the:

a) The white and blue Westell firmware.

b) The red and black Verizon firmware.

^^
0 Likes
fixORdc

K, first of all. How could I give numbers if my internet only lags/spikes/stops during night and not morning?

2nd, it happened during the time I replaced my phone cord because my previous cord that I was during the past 2 years was too long and I was having a 700-900 kbps FOR 2 YEARS instead of 1.5mbps and during my 700-900 kpbs there was no lag at all. I tried to replace my cord but there's no changes on the connection, therefore there's nothing wrong with my router and there's nothing wrong with my modem, because it only lags during N I G H T. 

3rd What's the difference of my internet during Morning and Night? is it the number of people using internet? I doubt there's a hundred of people using the internet in my neighborhood from 8PM - 3 or 5AM.

@Dsir595148

I followed this instructions.

If your Westell uses the white and blue Westell firmware:
• Now, from the Configuration menu, choose VC configuration, hit the top Edit button. In the popup, set protocol to Bridge.

• Then below in VC 1 Bridge Settings set the mode to Bridge.Early 6100

• Hit Set VC. Save.

• Then, again in the Configuration menu, select DHCP Configuration and set the dropdown to OFF. Hit save and log off the utility.

NO changes whatsoever.

I tried this one.

http://members.verizon.net/~res08lyg/6100.htm

I lost internet and modem connection after configuring the internet protocol changing the ip and dns, so I can't continue.

and again.. my router is working fine as it does right now, my internet screws up during night Starting at 8PM

The only numbers that I can give you is the time the lag starts and it stops. 

Here's some stats that you want (I think)

Connection Rate (Down/Up):   1792 Kbits/sec by 448 Kbits/sec Connection Status In Packets
Out Packets  15908341
 11733923   In Error Packets
Out Error Packets  0
 34450 IP Address  
Primary DNS
Secondary DNS  96.247.72.22
 68.238.128.12 Ethernet Status In Packets
Out Packets  11716442
 15814263 ATM NetworkAddress VPI
VCI  0
 35 Firewall Status Passed
Dropped In: 0   Out: 0
In: 0   Out: 0
         Connection Information  
  Connection Name     Status     DHCP Lease Information       if(1 == 1 && 1 == 1) { document.writeln(" Server: 96.247.72.1 "); } else { document.writeln("   "); } Server: 96.247.72.1 My Connection if(1 == 1 && 1 == 1) { if(top.DHCPCStatus == 2) { document.writeln("UP"); } else if(top.DHCPCStatus == 0 || top.DHCPCStatus == 3 ) { document.writeln("DOWN"); } else if(top.DHCPCStatus == 1) { document.writeln("Renewing..."); } } else { if("1" == "0") { document.writeln("DOWN"); } else { document.writeln("UP"); } } UP if(1 == 1 && 1 == 1) { document.writeln(" Obtained: WED JUL 01 20:13:39 2009 "); } else { document.writeln(" Manually Configured "); } Obtained: WED JUL 01 20:13:39 2009     if(1 == 1 && 1 == 1) { document.writeln(" Expires: WED JUL 01 22:13:39 2009 "); } else { document.writeln("   "); } Expires: WED JUL 01 22:13:39 2009

My router is working fine on both computers...... my internet works fine during MORNING.. my internet goes bad during night, thus leaving my computer and my other computer lagging like hell during night.

Message Edited by fixORdc on 07-01-2009 09:21 PM
Message Edited by fixORdc on 07-01-2009 09:24 PM
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ok.

#1 Since you have the Linksys WRT54GL..

a) In it go to Setup -> Wireless.

Is wireless in this router enabled?

b) If so, do you have any computers at your location that use wireless?

c) Are you trying to hide the SSID?

d) Now go to Setup -> Wireless Security.

Is that set to WEP/WPA or Disabled?

e) Now go to Administration -> Management.

If you do not have at least two game consoles (X-Box, PlayStation) behind this router, disable UPnP in the router.

#2 In your Westell 6100, go to Troubleshooting -> Transceiver Status.

Please post that info..
0 Likes
fixORdc

#1 Since you have the Linksys WRT54GL..

a) In it go to Setup -> Wireless.

Is wireless in this router enabled?

= I went to the setup but I didn't see Wireless. I only saw this tabs (Basic Setup, DDNS, MAC Address Clone, Advanced Routing)

I think wireless is enabled because My other PC is using wireless and it works

b) If so, do you have any computers at your location that use wireless?

= Yes, my other PC is using wireless.

c) Are you trying to hide the SSID?

= I'm not sure, but the wireless SSID broadcast is in enable.

=Statis document.write(SW_SES_BTN.DEFAULTS)SES Inactive 

=Network mode = Mixed

d) Now go to Setup -> Wireless Security.

Is that set to WEP/WPA or Disabled?

= It is on WPA Personal.

e) Now go to Administration -> Management.

If you do not have at least two game consoles (X-Box, PlayStation) behind this router, disable UPnP in the router.

= Done and Disabled UPnP

#2 In your Westell 6100, go to Troubleshooting -> Transceiver Status.

Please post that info.. 

=      
Transceiver Revision: 4.3.0.1     
Vendor ID Code:        4     
Line Mode:               G.DMT Mode     
Data Path:               Interleaved     
Transceiver Information     Down Stream Path     Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)     1792     448
Margin (dB)     6.0     14.0
Line Attenuation (dB)     59.0     31.5
Transmit Power (dBm)     16.8     11.8

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Sorry about that, go to Wireless -> Basic Wireless Settings.

Here is what most of all that stuff means..

Margin (dB) - Signal to noise margin. 6 is pretty bad possibly unusable at times, 20 is very good. You normally want 12dB or better IIRC from back in my DSL days. The higher the number, the better to a point.

Line Attenuation - Measure the amount the signal has degraded. Below 20dB is excellent, above 50 is poor, fill in the dots for anything in between.

Transmit Power - The higher the number, the more power is required to transmit. This number will vary based on the other numbers.
0 Likes
fixORdc

oh. cool I'm learning stuffs.

So, How do I fix those numbers?

0 Likes