Hello, Dial Up Speed
NEPhilly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, everyone.

My neighbors and me are experiencing slow Internet connection since Saturday morning. The DSL speed continues decreasing and currently download is 6 KBps and upload is 50 KBps.  As you can see we almost hit the bottom. 

Just don't ask me how long it took to open the forum page. Smiley LOL 

I wonder how wide this issue in NE Philadelphia. Zip 19111

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hello, Dial Up Speed
NEPhilly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue was solved, the network was cleared.

I would recommend twitter @VerizonSupport to anyone.  When needs arise, I communicate with reps. They are very friendly, reliable and 24/7 there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RalfN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just over the border (adjacent geographical zip code, though), so these comments may not apply...

I was experiencing the same thing. This latest round of network woes began at least a week ago (I'm not convinced VZ picked up all the pieces from the big network crash of a couple months ago, but that's a matter for another time). I called VZ tech support Sunday. It took an hour, but they decided, on their own, to turf me over to level 3 tech support, whatever that is.

While running a few traceroutes last night in preparation for talking to the level 3 guy today, the line went completely dead. No connectivity at all. I packed it in and went to bed.

This morning it appears that things are running as they should. It seems they got my message and actually did something positive for a change. Just received a recorded message from VZ stating they fixed the problem. We'll see.

Summarizing, then:

1. Someone else near your location was experiencing similar VZ network woes
  2. A lengthy call to VZ tech support motivated them enough to do something

Hope things work out for you.

0 Likes
ErinLL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in South Philly (19146) and experiecing low speeds as well. I've been paying for 3.1-7mbps and haven't gotten a speed test over 2.5mbps. I was having spotty service last week which was resolved after a phone call and seems my service is back to the "normal" speed I'm used to... however with speed tests STILL only registering no higher than 2.5mbps, I'm pretty sure I'm getting ripped off.

I'm officially convinced that they've been charging me for a higher plan and I've been receiving this low speed all along. I called again yesterday to resolve the issue and my sweet Indian rep on the other line got all flustered when I called them out. She said they had to work on something on their end and would call me back within 10 mins... It's been 24+hours at this point with no call back. Looks like I'll be sitting on hold AGAIN tomorrow morning just to get no answers AGAIN! 

After some research, I'm also pretty sure that getting the speed I pay for isn't realistic in my neighborhood based on the lines they've laid here. Why, oh Verizon, would you offer and allow me to pay for a service for FOUR YEARS that you cannot provide me?

Verizon - do you even care or monitor what people post on YOUR message boards about the unreasonable service you are giving your customers?

NEPhilly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue was solved, the network was cleared.

I would recommend twitter @VerizonSupport to anyone.  When needs arise, I communicate with reps. They are very friendly, reliable and 24/7 there.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3
ErinLL,
Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested on your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes