Help ME!!!!!! NAT issues
simbone
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have a westell 7500 router and i set it up with no issues. the problem i keep getting are in relation to my xbox 360 (NAT issues) and my downloading sites (FTP, bit torrents) again i keep being told that i have a NAT issue. consider me a newbie and please break it down to barney level cuz i need help. i want to know how to play on xbox live and how to download n upload my files fast, without my NAT issue!!

0 Likes
Re: Help ME!!!!!! NAT issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Log-in to the Westell.

#2 In the Westell go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution OR to Advanced -> Private LAN (which ever exist in your router)

#3 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

#4 In the Westell go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play OR to Advanced -> UPnP (which ever exist in your router)

#5 If you do not have at least two special computers that support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) where you can not define the ports that they use, turn off UPnP in the router.

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#6 If you have at least two special computers that support UPnP where you can not define the ports that they use: Do only use one at a time OR are there times when at least two are on?

simbone
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you i have solved step one with my xbox 360!!!!!!!!!! now the tricky part, how do i download larger files? in other words, my NAT issue slows down my downloads and i have not figured this part out yet.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Strict" or "Moderate" NAT on an Xbox 360 won't slow down transfers. The same goes with file transfers on the PC. If your NAT was slowing down the connection, I would think you would have bigger problems than slow speeds. Can you post up a Speed Test and tell us which speed you're supposed to be on?

0 Likes
simbone
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks and now my internet speed is better now i have a new issue. now there are 2 xbox 360s in the house and i saw to enable the UPNP but i am sure there are more steps than that. so once again, i need help lol!!!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While you are not on FIOS, I think the post by JayTeen that was posted on 11-18-2011 at 11:12 AM in this other thread will help you.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/2-XBOX-360-1-Actiontec-MI424WR-issues/td-p/370011

If you have any questions, please ask.

0 Likes