Help with Web page
sheba3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have maintained a website for many years here.  Recently, I have decided I need to make some updates.

I always used FTP protocol to upload the new changes, but no that that is no longer accepted by verizon, how do I upload the updates.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with Web page
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@sheba wrote:

I have maintained a website for many years here.  Recently, I have decided I need to make some updates.

I always used FTP protocol to upload the new changes, but no that that is no longer accepted by verizon, how do I upload the updates.

Thank you in advance.

Short answer: You can't.

Long answer: There's no way to update pages that were uploaded via FTP anymore, and you can't remove them, either. They do not show up in Verizon's Site Builder for editing. You will have to contact Tech Support to have them put in an OSC ticket to get the old pages removed (make sure they note in the ticket that you are aware that the pages will not be recoverable), and then recreate them from scratch through the Site Builder tool.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@sheba wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Short answer: You can't.

Long answer: There's no way to update pages that were uploaded via FTP anymore, and you can't remove them, either. They do not show up in Verizon's Site Builder for editing. You will have to contact Tech Support to have them put in an OSC ticket to get the old pages removed (make sure they note in the ticket that you are aware that the pages will not be recoverable), and then recreate them from scratch through the Site Builder tool.

sheba3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was afraid that was going to be the case. 

Sigh!!!!

Thank you.