Hi - somebody please help: PPP Down in West Chester, PA
hewesc

Hi! I was hoping someone could help me - I cannot connect to the internet (despite a very strong wifi signal). 

I have tried the traditional methods of powering down both modem and computer for 15minutes etc.

The problem seems to be that the PPP is down (i checked this at 192.168.1.1) and the agent I spoke to mentioned that this might be due to a power outage in the area.

i have a westell 7500. Everything  goes on and stays solid -BUT the internet light doesnt even come on! I have tried refreshing the modem (the small button on the front)

when i go to 192.168.1.1 it says "Gateway status pending! your gateway is not ready for internet access" 

In ip address it says "PPP down"

Is anyone in the West Chester, PA area facing similar problems?

I would greatly appreciate any help or news you can give me!

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Hi - somebody please help: PPP Down in West Chester, PA
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi hewesc, do you still need help with your internet?

0 Likes
Re: Hi - somebody please help: PPP Down in West Chester, PA
herrmannre

I am near King of Prussia, PA - near West Chester.  Same issues with my DSL - it randomly goes down for minutes to half hours then will sych back up for some random period of time.  I've had multiple technicians in my residence from Aug 2009 to March 2010, this is an EXTERNAL line issue that verizon needs to address.  VZ_Kim, please contact me - I would like to have these issues resolved!

0 Likes