*High Speed Enhanced - DSL Light keeps going off and on, Losing Internet *
BK_Bridge

Issues

1. My DSL light starts flickering and then my internet light goes off. The DSL then comes back on but internet does not reconnect. This happens 3-4 times each hour.
  2. My max download speed is capped at 3MB even though Im available to have 5mb
  3. This has only happened recently i was able to get consistent 5.8 MB download for 9 months.  
  4. I've had 2 technicians come in to check my line speed and it both clocked in at 3 MB download. They thought my line i was on was over capacity so they asked them to switch my port. But still seeing the same issue.

Im out of options here, I have a 3rd technician scheduled but im not confident this is going to get fixed. I guess last resort is for them to check the physical line to see if there is something wrong from central office to my residence?I  have to constantly turn off and turn back on the router to get the internet to come back on. This is incredibly frustrating when Im working.  Any suggestions here?

This has been going on for the past month and no end in sight.

Any help is appreciated.

Download speed various from 1.5 to 3.1 everytime the DSL light goes out the Down and Up changes.

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_re-adsl
Data PathFAST

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)2828696
Margin (dB)6.96.6
Line Attenuation (dB)38.019.8
Transmit Power (dBm)0.08.4
0 Likes
Re: *High Speed Enhanced - DSL Light keeps going off and on, Losing Internet *
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like your line is having some sort of noise issue. 3Mbps should certainly be doable and 5Mbps is also not out of the ballpark.

Has any technician who has stopped down checked your line out for noise? Drop-outs caused from Flashing DSL lights are often caused from noise or other line issues, and less often from port/trunk issues at the DSLAM.

0 Likes
jtee623
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good luck.  I have been having this problem also.  Have had verizon out to check things out probably 10 times.  No I am not exagerating. Always leave scratching their heads.  Just give you an idea I have had 13 dsl outages this morning alone.  In a two and a half hour period.

0 Likes
masho95
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your noise levels are terrible, something is going on with the line. Your downstream and upstream speeds are not even at max bitrate. For a 3Mbps line, which is the least you should be running on a range extender card, you should be at 3360/864. If the DSL drops out you'll have to reset the modem to get the Internet light back on, either that or logging into 192.168.1.1 and manually reconnecting the line. Bottom line you have an issue with the line, call Verizon and get a service tech out ASAP.

Bron5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck, its happening to many all over.   Verizon can't seem to resolve it.  They are gong to lose a lot of customers, but don't seem particularly concerned about that.

0 Likes