High Speed internet is not Fios
Slippymic

Be advised, I went to the Fios website and signed up and entered my address to find out if I had Fios available in my area because I desperately wanted to get rid of Comcast. It redirected me (unbeknownst to me) and it told me "you're elegible for high speed internet!" And I thought great! Finally! Because Verizon is coming to Boston and I thought at last it had arrived. 

Nope. Crappy dial up.

I figured I'd stick it out because I hate Comcast. I ended up draining all of my data on my phone because I couldnt use it while streaming anything, as did my wife. And now they won't give me a refund for the useless equipment I had to pay for which i signed up for in good faith thinking I was getting Fios. 

Be careful! Scam! Now I'm back to the warm embrace of Comcast and I will never sign up for Fios. Probably gonna cancel my Verizon phone plan too, this has left such a bad taste in my mouth. 

0 Likes
Re: High Speed internet is not Fios
jonjones1
Legend

@Slippymicwrote:

Be advised, I went to the Fios website and signed up and entered my address to find out if I had Fios available in my area because I desperately wanted to get rid of Comcast. It redirected me (unbeknownst to me) and it told me "you're elegible for high speed internet!" And I thought great! Finally! Because Verizon is coming to Boston and I thought at last it had arrived. 

Nope. Crappy dial up.

I figured I'd stick it out because I hate Comcast. I ended up draining all of my data on my phone because I couldnt use it while streaming anything, as did my wife. And now they won't give me a refund for the useless equipment I had to pay for which i signed up for in good faith thinking I was getting Fios. 

Be careful! Scam! Now I'm back to the warm embrace of Comcast and I will never sign up for Fios. Probably gonna cancel my Verizon phone plan too, this has left such a bad taste in my mouth. 

Of course you evidently don’t know what high speed DSL versus fiber internet is.

hey it happens. The Fios internet would have said so.

sorry for your bad experience. Verizon Fios internet is great. 

Maybe in the future. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep.  High Speed Internet was considered blazing fast when it came out.  Many people were still only getting 9600 baud.  But these days DSL is considered rather slow.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2wrote:

Yep.  High Speed Internet was considered blazing fast when it came out.  Many people were still only getting 9600 baud.  But these days DSL is considered rather slow.

Considered dual up was 28.8, 56 then zoom tel had 128 (56 x 2) the DSL was a little faster. Even so Dial up prevailed. In the first days I used a TI at 700 baud coupler Dial in time sharing using thermal paper.  When AOL came on the scene that changed everything. Then it was Prodigy and compuserve (very expensive) the good old days.

0 Likes