Highly Dissapointed
bust331

My parents are currently paying for the 1.5MPBS down/384 up. I'm currently getting a 138 KBPS download speed, and a 380 upload. I don't know what the issue is, this isn't the first time this has happened either. Me and my family experience this multiple times a month.

Usually we just pray to the internet gods and hope that somehow Verizon will be merciful and allow us the internet we are currently paying for. But this time...it won't fix, i have called Tech support, they didn't help, they didn't provide a solution to anything, they just asked me an hour of questions, and in the end said they are going to send a technician to our house. Which I couldn't do because the only available time was during school hours.

Hmmm...live chat, sounds promising, alas, "CONNECTION PROBLEMS". This **bleep** internet is so slow I can't connect to the support chat line. What is the deal? Do you guys just have it out for this house? Or what? Seriously. Generally I am very patient with this stuff, but I am an avid video gamer, and getting disconnected from my games every 15 minutes isn't exactly what I want.

Truthfully, if it wasn't for the fact that I am so patient, I would of converted to Time Warner Cable by now. Step up your game Verizon, help me out.

P.S.  Why don't you try getting American's to do your phone support, that way I can...you know....understand them?

Sorry for the hate post, but this is ludicrous. You don't even offer FIOS or anything higher than a 1.5 MBPS connection in my town.

I'll repeat myself, step up your game Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Highly Dissapointed
dark0gre

I feel your pain here.  If you read my recent post on the connection issues, you'll see you're not alone.

I question almost everyday why pay for something that doesn't work?  It helped my speed greatly when I got a new pc, but my connection problems have been so bad I've nearly given up.

I barely get time to play my internet game, we all need some vise from life sometime.  When that perhaps hour comes around for me time, then I can't get online, it's sad.  Really, internet gaming is the only reason why I subscribed to Verizon Online nearly 8 years ago.  If I wished for email or browsing, I'd go to the library and use thier computers.

I know I need to make that phone call to Verizon about my issues for connection to the internet, but who wishes the added stress to try understanding who your talking to?  That's such a bad rating flaw to Verizon Online.  It would be nice to be able to speak to someone you can understand by having part of the phone mail, when it says in English press _, that you actually speak to someone who is Caucasian or African American.  Sorry for the flame as well, but something has to be said this is ridiculous!  For the future Id spend about 10% of that time on the phone with tech rep and just say you wish for a service guy to come to your residence, leapfrog the hours of waiting and aggrivation.  If they can't come out on the weekend to go around your school / work hours, they need to make an ecception, or they'll loose a customer.  Always write down the name of the rep you're speaking to, incase you need to report them for ignorance.  Seriously, so much incompitance in this world, with the economy the way it is, a rude rep onto a loyal and patient customer, they deserve to stand at the end of the unemployment line.

So I suppose to resolve both our issues we need a service tech to come to the residence and do their thing.  Sorry I'm not a wiz at this but is the best I can give.  But like I said, I feel your pain.

Be Safe and Good Luck!

0 Likes
dark0gre
0 Likes
bust331

It's a darn shame to see this happening. The technician came today and said nothing was wrong. I reset my internet this morning in hopes it would work, it has so far...but I truthfully don't forsee it staying this way for long.

I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem.

Maybe it would be better if they would offer a faster service, alas, no, they very obviously don't care as long as they are getting our money.

0 Likes