Horrible Internet Speeds
MikeMc55
How can you only offer 1-3mb in my area? I get 10x that on my phones 4g. I literally can only use one thing at a time on wifi here. And for 60$? Ugh.
0 Likes
Re: Horrible Internet Speeds
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Many areas have equipment and lines that are only certified for the 3Mbps and below packages. If you want to see if there's not a line issue holding you back, please start off by posting your modem's Transceiver Statistics. If you need help finding this information, please tell us what modem or gateway you currently have.

0 Likes
MikeMc55
I have action tech modem model # GT784WNV. Higher speeds are definitely available at my location, except of course, from VeriZon.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please visit this page: http://192.168.1.1/

Log in using the username and password of admin/admin respectively. You can also try admin / password, just note that you might have to change the password if it is set to password. The modem may also have the password on a sticker found to the side of it.

Once in the modem, select Status, and then select WAN status. You should see a page with information such as Attenuation, SN Margin, and Power. Please copy and paste the contents of this page.

0 Likes
mxheller

I am experiencing the same issues!  Ever since they had construction up the road.  First my connection was knocked out completly, they sent out a technician, who got it up working, but, cut back on the amount of wires coming into my house.

They said, because of the contstruction up the road, our older wires in the neighborhood could no  longer accept the higher level speed from the new wires put in.  But They came out to "fix it". Then find out, I'm still getting slow speed! It wasn't much slower but I wasn't really utilizing my computer as much.  Fast forward apx 2 months ago, connection keeps dropping, and getting hung up. Now they are saying all I ever got was 1mbps to 3 mbps. Which is not true I was getting 3 mbps to 7 mbps. They have dropped the speed, and our charging the same, and even have raised prices due to taxes and add ons!  Meanwhile, others can get fios for less money!!

0 Likes