How do I get my iweb site onto my Verizon site?
nisenson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a web page that I did with the Verizon online tools. I now want to replace it with one I made on iweb. Can someone pleae tell me how to replace the Verizon one with the iweb one? I called Verizon support but they tole me they can not help as iweb is a third party product.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get my iweb site onto my Verizon site?
nisenson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I solved the problem. In the end is turned out to be very easy to do. I moved my web site over to Go Daddy for hosting.

Go Daddy provided telephone support and within a very reasonable time my site was up and running.

When I first started to try to put my site on Verizon I increased the size of my Verizon site from 10 MB to 60 MB. Now that I have switched to Go Daddy I called Verizon to cancel the order to increase my web site size. The person at the billing office told me I would have to call DSL Billing. DSL Billing told me that I would have to call DSL Support Services. Support services told me that I need to call DSL Billing. After 45 minutes, mostly on hold, I was told they would need to get back to me.

It is clear to me that Verizon is not willing or capable of providing support for it’s services or products. It will be interesting to see what happens when people start calling for support for the iphone.

Orin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nisenson wrote:

They can not help.

I suspect that is not true.

For example, quick quote from

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Networking/SetUp/GamingDevices/123778.htm

Playstation3 product support is outside the normal Verizon Support boundaries, but additional information is available through:

#2 Without paying Verizon extra (Verizon Premium Technical Support), you are going to happy that I already know the answer.

See the info at

http://www2.verizon.net/myaccount/manage/sitebuilder/ftp_info.asp

😉

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Transfer your site's content from iWeb to the Verizon Webspace using an FTP client such as FileZilla. You'll need to download your site data from iWeb via FTP first before uploading to Verizon via FTP. If you have a copy of the site stored on your hard drive, just upload the contents of that site via FTP to the Verizon Webspace.
0 Likes
nisenson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been able to upload the iweb file to Verizon using host name "ftpmysite.verizon.net" but can not find it on my Verizon site.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Did you upload the website into any specific folder or directory in the FTP site or did you upload it to the root (highest level folder) of the account? When you try to visit your website, do you get a Permission Denied message or a 404 message?
0 Likes
nisenson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I uploaded to root directory - http://mysite.verizon.net/verizonname/myusername

I did not get an error message.

When I visit my site I only see the Verizon web site I built using their program several years ago.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
What happens when you remove your username from the address only doing something such as mysite.verizon.net/verizonname/ ? Also, when you were in FTP, did you see anything else in there or was the root in fact empty? Your old Verizon Sitebuilder Website should show up in the /username folder, and somewhere in the root of the account or in the username folder there would be two folders from Site Builder.
0 Likes
nisenson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

"What happens when you remove your username from the address only doing something such as mysite.verizon.net/verizonname/ ?" nothing happens.

When I go to the FTP I se the following

/.trellix_data/ - a  folder
/index.htm
t/index.html
/last_published.js
/orinnisenson/ - a folder
/robots.txt
t/sitebuildercontent/- a folder

inside this folder is folder " /sitebuildercontent" and inside that a folder called "sitebuilderpictures/" inside that 2 jpg photos and a file called ".pond" That folder has 8 jpg files and 2 .xml files.

My web site is on my hard drive and called orin_web. I have tried placing in the "sitebuilder" and ".pond" folders , voa FTP, but still did not get it to publish.

Orin

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I would suggest deleting everything there and uploading your site so that it's the only thing in the directory. In order for your site to show up when you go to mysite.verizon.net/username, your index file needs to be in the main directory.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Follow what somegirl suggested above, as it should help to rule out any issues. I do see that you have two index.htm* files in the FTP account, which definitely is not ideal and might be causing some problems.
0 Likes