How to Contact Local Verizon Office
cleahy
Does anyone know how to get in touch with a real person in your local area? The automated responses at 1-800-VERIZON don't fit my issue. We have been out of DSL service for 6 days now. I have talked to the techs offshore twice. They are very nice and polite and try to assist. But this issue can not be resolved by resetting the modem. They seem unable to refer it back to the local area where the problem exists. One day Verizon sent out a repair person who verified there is no problem with our modem or our line. He said he was sent out to tell customers the problem was at Fort Washington, PA and the system was giving false readings that the problem was at the individual locations. We have received several automated calls but Verizon's system can't rcognize an answering machine so the message is over except for a couple of words by the time the recording starts. I gave my cell number to 2 different people and they still call the land line.i don't know whether Verizon thinks the problem is resolved so they aren't working on it OR when there might be a resolution. Soon it will be a week without Internet service, which I have paid for. Meanwhile Verizon advertises FiOs service incessantly but has made it clear only certain areas are good enough for this service. So we can't have the best service but can't we at least have the servic we have (DSL) maintained so we can use it? I just need to be able to speak with a real person who has access to a system showing where there are service problems so I know I'm not out here forgotten by the company and someone is actually working on fixing the problem. I don't think that's too much to ask!
0 Likes
Re: How to Contact Local Verizon Office
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cleahy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes