How to disable the firewall on Home Fusion router Technicolor TG790
scottm2

I am trying to install VOIP hardware behind the Verizon LTE home internet router - I have the Wireless Installed (formerly known as Home Fusion) LTE internet.  The modem / router combo from Verizion is a Technicolor TG790.  It appears to have a firewall in place that is blocking any data transfer to the VOIP web address I am trying to access. 

I have tried the following with no success:

Reducing TG790 firewall to minimum setting - there is no option for "off"

Port forwarding for all possible ports the VOIP hardware requires

Providing the VOIP hardware with a static IP and then placing it in DMZ for the technicolor router

I tried a ping test directly to the IP address that the VOIP hardware needs to connect to and it is blocked. 

I have run the VOIP review .org online test and the test for packet loss continuously fails as 0 packets are returned.  The explanation provided by the test is that either Java is not installed or a firewall is blocking the data transfer.  

I was able to run this equipment last week with the old internet service provider modem / router.  The only change in the system has been switching to Verizon Wireless and the new TG790 router. 

Any suggestions?  Can the firewall be turned off completely?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to disable the firewall on Home Fusion router Technicolor TG790
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi scottm2,

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to disable the firewall on Home Fusion router Technicolor TG790
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi scottm2,

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes