I changed some settings and my internet doesnt work
jseebode01

So this morning I was playing around with my routers settings that I accessed thru 192.168.1.1. The only change I made was to allow public LAN. Now I'm not quite sure what that means (so obviously shouldn't have played with it). But previously my network did broadcat and it did not have a password. So after I allowed public LAN, my Internet connection switched to limited connectivity and I can't get my Internet back. I have tried multiple restarts and disabled ipv6, updated my wireless card settings and nothing I do works. I also tried to modify my Internet settings thru the Internet at 192.168.1.1, but it won't connect with limited connectivity and remote access to the router is disabled

What can I do to get my Internet back?

I have windows vista- lenovo/IBM T61- westell router(not sure what type)- verizon internet

0 Likes
Re: I changed some settings and my internet doesnt work
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Reset your router. There should be a reset button on it somewhere. This will bring it back to the default settings and it should start working again, or at least make it so you can access it via 192.168.1.1 to configure it.

0 Likes
Re: I changed some settings and my internet doesn't work
Pure_Energy

Just be aware that after you reset your modem (pressing the button), you may have to go back into your modem and set it to bridge mode and then go into your router and set it for PPPoE. 

You'll need your Verizon user ID and password.

Verizon customer service can help you with setting your modem to Bridge mode (and perhaps setting your router for PPPoE).

Customer service for your Router (web page or phone) can help you reset your modem for PPPoE if Verizon cannot do it.

After I reset my modem (at the direction of Verizon customer service), I would lose my connectivity several times a day.  I haven't lost it since configuring PPPoE.

Good Luck!

0 Likes