Switch Account

I guessed my house moved without me knowing it

I guessed my house moved without me knowing it

Contributor smbkrun3
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(4,789 Views)
I have been receiving 1.5 down DSL for about 5 years,  all of a sudden my speed dropped to about half,  went through the usual calling Verizon and getting the guys in India or Mexico who can't speak English.  A Verizon tech came out 3 times ran loop tests and found that I am now 18,400 ft from the office and now too far to receive 1.5.   I can understand that but why did I get 1.5 for 5 years?
2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(4,724 Views)
Not known.

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 Do you have a splitter attached?

Source: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,583201

#3 And you may want to see http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,7551277?hilite=co+distance+changed

Where there is something about, tapping capacitors

?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(4,719 Views)

smbkrun3 wrote: 

A Verizon tech came out 3 times ran loop tests and found that I am now 18,400 ft from the office and now too far to receive 1.5.   I can understand that but why did I get 1.5 for 5 years?

Just the fact they dispatched out 3 tehcs tells me they must see some trouble on the line. They say dsl works fine at 18,000 ft, but i've seen it work **bleep**her with ideal circumstances.  When the tech told you how far you were, did they also run a speed test with their equipment that shows what speeds they are currently recieving?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.