I have internet 50% of the time.
Knightsofwar210
Okay I have 1.5MB DSL plan in my area of 22033, and starting 2 weeks ago, I've been only been able to connect to the internet 50% of the time, it'll be really fast then complete drop, then pick up again. I have used 3 different modems, the Verizon one, an older one, and now one I just bought and I know it's not my computer or my modems it''s my connections, what gives? I can't even upload any youtube videos without waiting for 30 minutes, I used to could upload about a 500MB video to Youtube in about 6 minutes, now since it turns off and on it takes about 30 to 40 minutes, I am so sick and tired of this. The only two providers that we can get around here is Comcast and Verizon and Comcast was way more expensive, maby it's more expensive because it's more reliable. Ha Verizon the worlds most reliable service is a lie. I've searched google and I've seen countless other people with this same problem.
0 Likes
Re: I have internet 50% of the time.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 What is the brand and model of your router?

#2 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#3 What software firewall is on your computer?
0 Likes
Re: I have internet 50% of the time.
westom
Contributor - Level 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knightsofwar210 wrote:
I have used 3 different modems, the Verizon one, an older one, and now one I just bought and I know it's not my computer or my modems it''s my connections, what gives? I can't even upload any youtube videos without waiting for 30 minutes,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Numbers in your post confirm you have an unacceptable problem.  Demonstrated is why shotgunning (swapping parts only on speculation) provides little that is useful and wastes money.  Required are answers to dsir595148's questions (ie model numbers)since a solution means first knowing what you have before even starting diagnostics.

Next, information needed is the same procedure in lorddonk's "Verizon DSL Connection Problems ".  Modem's status page (especially dB numbers),  and results from the PING and TRACERT programs are the information you have not yet provided - and why this post still cannot yet provide a useful reply.

0 Likes