I need to delete existing website data created with FTP years ago...Why is this so HARD?
jbetten330

I know this haqs been re-hashed a milion times here on the board, but I don't want to keep calling in to the support number and getting people who have no idea what I am talking about trying to help me!

I have an old legacy website or two sitting out there that I am tired of being charges web space for. I no longer need or want the files. I just want them deleted. What is the best way to do this? Why on God's green earth can't I find an easy solution to this? Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance,

John

0 Likes
Re: I need to delete existing website data created with FTP years ago...Why is this so HARD?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Reposting from britechguy's post here:

To All Who Need Files Deleted From PWS That Were Created Via FTP Transfer:

1. Do call Verizon High Speed Internet Tech Support at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
  2. Expect that the Technical Support Representative may not be familiar with the issue you are calling about, but they may be.  In any case, be polite as this is not their fault.
  3. If the representative is not familiar with the issue, do tell them that you already know that this issue must ultimately be resolved by the Operations Support Center and that all you are asking for is that a ticket be created to delete all files from your Verizon PWS.
  4. Make sure to state, and ask that they note in the session notes, that you clearly understand that the deleted files are unrecoverable/cannot be restored under any circumstances once they are removed.  I say this because during today's conversations I was told that my previous request was put "on hold" because the prior representative had not specifically covered this information and they had been unable to reach me afterward to confirm that I knew it.
  5. Specifically request an e-mail or phone verification that the deletion of the PWS files has been completed.
  6. Expect that the deletion will take between 24 to 48 hours to actually occur.
  7. Be prepared to call back and make the same request again if it does not occur.
0 Likes