I want to cancel my Verizon, but keep my email address
patlamb
I was told by verizon rep on phone,I could do this by paying a none time fee. Is this true?
0 Likes
Re: I want to cancel my Verizon, but keep my email address
Katz
Enthusiast - Level 2
S/he lied.  Verizon has no email without DSL or FIOS. AOL has that kind of thing, but you wouldn't want to go there.
0 Likes
HelpDesk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Patlamb,

You can surely go ahead and keep your E-mail addresss while cancelling your internet services.

With Verizon you would have 2 E-mail address listed below

1>Verizon.net e-mail address

2>AOL/MSN/YAHOO E-MAIL ADDRESS

1> If you want Verizon.net E-mail address you just need to sigup for Verizon domain at http://surround.verizon.net/Shop/Utilities/VerizonYourDomain.aspx  for $19.95/year.

2>If you want AOL/MSN/Yahoo e-mail address woth you new service provider you need to check www.trueswitch.com for futher information.

Also we also you can downgrade the DSL to a low cost dail-up upto $9.99/month to secure the Same e-mail address.

Thanks

Helpdesk

0 Likes
Kashasaur

Is there a grace period to retrieve my old e-mail account via these methods after the associated Verizon data account is cancelled?

0 Likes
HelpDesk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

You can have your E-mail address,however if there are Emails stored in your E-mail box on the server,that would be deleted.

Thanks

K**bleep**ij Mehta

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

wouldn't it be cheaper to get verizon internet security  or games on demand or teh back up and sharing for 6 bux and under, vs getting a full domain name, which is giving them not only their Verizon.net email but in addition giving them a 'yourname@yourname.com' styled email?

so instead of paying 19.99 a month, you can get a standard service like verizon internet security or games on demand for like 6-10 bux?

0 Likes