Incredably high ping
Wonhunk

hello, i have Verizon Wireless internet, and recently my internet went down. I called verizon services and they sent a guy that quickly was able to get my internet back up.

Although my internet was Back on, my modem (GT704WG), which has 5 different lights, has 3 stable lights and 2 lights that blink repeatedly at about 20 blinks per second(internet & wireless). I am an online gamer, and i noticed that my ping, initially at 100 ms to gamespy, has with time gone up to 200 ms, which is reasonable. but after the internet was put back up, my ping often goes to 400ms-800ms, resulting in slow internet. When i turn off all computers in my house, is when the lights become stable again.

I have done many things from moving the modem closer to my computer, to shutting the modem on and off, and even running spyware and malware scans. I was able to remove some malware but that did not help much.

I have 1 computer directly attacked to the modem, and 2 other computers connecting to the modem through signal. the Computer Attached to the modem works properly, but the other two have high ping.

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

0 Likes