Intermittent DSL Service in Torrance, CA
bmwracer

For the past six months or so, my DSL service has disappeared for hours, and at times, days, in Torrance, CA.

I have called  support on those occasions and I get a recorded message saying that there are service problems in my area... I can understand that, but for the past six months?

Has anyone else in the area encountered this problem?

Needless to say, but I'm not getting my money's worth regarding DSL service if it's going to be down for days at a time.

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent DSL Service in Torrance, CA
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your router?
0 Likes
bmwracer

DSL Modem: Westell 6100

Router: NetGear RP614

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Please post your modem status.

Since I have no idea of how old your Westell 6100 is, I can take only take two educated guess(es) as to where that is.

a) System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats ?

b) Trouble Shooting -> Transceiver Stats ?

#2 Since your modem and router do not use Wireless, when you go to

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Troubleshooting/Connection+Issues/QuestionsOne/88005.htm

Ignore the first 4 steps/items. The first four steps/items are: Cordless phones and other electronic devices, Large metal objects and electrical equipment , Check with your neighbor, and Physical obstructions.

^^
0 Likes
bmwracer

I'll get you that information when I get home (if my DSL connection is working)... I'm currently at work.

Please note that until six months ago, I did not have this intermittent problem and there have been no changes to my hardware (phones, modem, etc.) or their location within my home... As I stated earlier, when I did call Verizon, there was a recorded message saying that there were connection problems in my area (Torrance, CA 90503).

0 Likes