Intermittent Internet
carl--s

Before you refer me to the FAQ, been there, done that. It's not my WiFi, it's my DSL because even my main computer which acts as my router and is wired into my DSL is dropping connections.

Every so often, my DSL service drops out. The Data and Internet telltales blink simultaneously and I can't get onto the web. A restart usually helps but not always. Sometimes I have to shut down for hours at a time to clear the issue. 

I know it's been very cold here and that we received an alert from Verizon, but even when temps have been moderate, the service has still be spotty at best. 

Is there a way to open a trouble ticket just to make sure it's not a line problem? You guys make it nearly impossible to even send a signal through the wires to check this.

PS I'm on a Mac. Please don't tell me to use the stupid In Home Agent because you still haven't figured out how to port that to OSX.

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent Internet
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
carl--s

Which part of "I've done all that already" wasnt clear, Lawrence?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Reporting your issue and scheduling a repair, if necessary, would be the way to open a trouble ticket.  If you have already done this and need further assistance, please provide some background on what steps have already been taken through customer support.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It soubds like the signal to the DSL modem is bad. You need to call Verizon to schedule a repair to send a tech out to fix the line.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What modem make and model do you have?

0 Likes
carl--s

Westell 6100G

0 Likes
carl--s

OK, and that's great. 

Now, point me to where I can schedule a repair because all I get referrals to are the FAQ and this forum. So I assumed I could schedule it thru the forum. Apparently not.

Verizon used to provide customer service, and a phone number I could call and talk to someone. Apparently, they are no longer interested in serving folks. 

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can call Verizon.  You can chat with Verizon.  You can use their online trouble shooting tools to perform basic line tests.

Click here: Contact Us

Or click the "Support" tab on verizon.com.

If you can't find the phone number through any of these links, it's easy enough to remember: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)

Good Luck.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please visit this Web page and post the info that is displayed. This will give us an idea of your line quality before and after repair attempts. 

http://192.168.1.1/htmlV/transtat.asp

If you need login information, please try the following.

admin/password

admin/password

admin/admin 

admin/admin1

admin/verizon

0 Likes