Intermittent connection issue
Razz037
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having connection issues again as I did 2 years ago. The connection gets dropped intermittently. Sometimes the modem has a red light on the internet indicator and other times the DSL blinks and won't sync. The tech gave me a new modem, but I still have the same problem. 2 years ago the problem got resolved when they switched me to another line. I keep a spreadsheet on the tranceiver stats. The margin dB varies 20.2/21 (down/up) to 8.8/21 to 18.1/29 for instance. Line attenuation stays pretty much the same between 51.4/29 (down/up) to 49.4/29. Tranmit power varies 9.3/11.9 to 15.7/11.9 to 16.2/11.9 (down/up). I cannot seem to get someone to fix the line issues coming to my home. How can I get this fixed?

Craig

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent connection issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Razz037,

Was the tech visit recent?

0 Likes
Razz037
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, Saturday

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Razz037,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Razz037,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close this private thread. We hope the rep was able to correct your issue. If you are still having issues with the internet or ever need anything else please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
Razz037
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, it is still ongoing. I have a field tech working on it. I was away for some days so couldn't respond. As you know about the intermittant connect problem because of an unconditioned line. Also, I was unable to obtain 1.5Mb/sec connect speed and Verizon only gave me 1.1Mb/sec. This week I am unable to connect at that speed and is now only 0.928Mb. I don't know why this happened, but I can tell you I am unsatified with this connection. I am really unhappy with not being able to get a measly 1.5Mb/sec connection speed when the rest of the world is getting 50Mb/sec or greater speeds.

As a stock holder of Verizon I am even more disappointed in their neglect with the DSL service. I am working on a letter to investor relations on this matter.

Craig

0 Likes
Yukon3
Craig, I'm having the same issues. I would like to know if you get this resolved and what was done. I will do the same. I've had two techs out in the past three weeks with the same result. I'm being told that the line is fine. Closed tickets and nothing is fixed. I tried a different modem with the same results. I'm going to ask if they can put me on a different DSLAM port, but, there may not be any others free. I get the feeling that it may never be fixed, because it can't. This is very frustrating to say the least. I just don't know what to do, so they will fix it. Yukon
0 Likes
Yukon3
Just lost my sync, retrained at lower speed, and now I can read the posts again. In the morning I may not have a connection again. This is getting very old. Yukon
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Razz037,

Your private support case has been reopened.

0 Likes
Razz037
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never see a link to it on my profile page when one is opened.

0 Likes