Intermittent loss of DSL connection
jlee203

Hello,

Just recently, (about a week ago), I began having quite a bit of trouble with my verizon high speed internet. I use the internet primarily for surfing and gaming. I've never had trouble doing either of these things, but now I am constantly getting disconnected from the game that I play, making it completely unplayable.

It hadn't affected my web browsing until recently when the problem got significantly worse. Calling tech support has gotten me nowhere, they claim to run tests and see no problems, then offer to run a 24 hour test which has also shown no problems. I've tried changing out all the cables, I've tried different telephone jacks. The same problem exists with both a wired and a wireless connection. The same problem exists on both a desktop and a laptop computer. The same problem exists regardless of operating system.

Every so often, I will just lose all internet connectivity. It comes back on its own pretty quickly.

Since I use my connection for gaming, it is VERY frustrating to get disconnected from the game and have to log back in every few minutes.

Any suggestions would be great. I currently use a Westell 7500.

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent loss of DSL connection
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

Modems may have problems after some time.  If you have not changed anything the problem is likely the line quality or the modem itself.  Verizon will replace old modems usually with the return of the old unit.  You need a field tech to verify the line integrity and the modem condition.The tech usually cannot replace the modem but can check if all is well. You also might connect the modem to the jack in the box (NIC) on the outside of the house to determine if the inside wiring is alone causing the problem.

Re: Intermittent loss of DSL connection
jlee203

It's an apartment complex.

also, how do I get verizon to do any of these things. The tech support is by far the worst experience I have ever had with any service related item, and getting them to even admit that the problem might be on their side is like pulling teeth. All I get is non-answers and runaroudns.

0 Likes