Internet Disconnects Every Few Minutes [Please Help]
Vincent

Hello I have a Zoom DSL X5V VoIP Gateway and my ISP is Verizon. Every few minutes my internet will disconnect for a while and then connect again. This is becomming very frequent and I can't do anything on the internet without getting disconnected. I tried resetting the router/modem, I tried unplugging and replugging and I tried different wires, nothing works! I had this problem with my old modem/router which was a Westell except it was more severe and I couldn't even go on the internet. Can someone please help me? I'm fed up with this disconnection issue and I want stable internet.

Thanks in advance, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Message Edited by Vincent on 07-26-2009 04:19 PM
0 Likes
Re: Internet Disconnects Every Few Minutes [Please Help]
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Does your new DSL modem have a diagnostic tool to test what your download and upload readings are at?
0 Likes
Vincent
Hi I'm not sure what that means, can you please elaborate?
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Please post your modem stats. It should give you the current download and upload readings of your DSL line.
0 Likes
Vincent

It keeps saying : Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

When I try to post it, it doesn't work 😮

0 Likes
Vincent
Please, can I get more help? I'm getting fed up with my internet disconnecting every few minutes.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 In your router, go to Advanced.

#2 Take a screen shot of what you see, save it and post it.

As an example of how to take a screen shot, save it, and upload it...

a) Press the print screen button.

b) Then go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint.

c) Press the CTRL and V keys at the same time OR go to Edit -> Paste.

d) Now go to save as

e) Be sure to use save as file type, and select JPG/JPEG.

f) Save the file.

g) Then use http://tinypic.com/ - Or when replying just above View discussion in a popup, it says Add Attachments.

0 Likes
Vincent

http://i31.tinypic.com/2z7g96v.png

http://i31.tinypic.com/2d4bgo.png
Message Edited by Vincent on 07-27-2009 08:21 AM
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Ok, by looking at your screens.

The second screen is the "modem status"

#2 In the meantime while waiting for others to reply, here is what that stuff means...

Margin = Signal to noise margin. 6 is pretty bad possibly unusable at times, 20 is very good. You normally want 12dB or better IIRC from back in my DSL days. The higher the number, the better to a point.

Line Attenuation = Measure the amount the signal has degraded. Below 20dB is excellent, above 50 is poor, fill in the dots for anything in between.

Transmit Power = The higher the number, the more power is required to transmit. This number will vary based on the other numbers.

^^^
0 Likes
fedupwithdsl

Same issue here.

I have been on hold since 9:58 (now 10:45)  and someone picked up the phone and put me back in "Q"

I have been having this issue for 3 months and have been on the phone with them many time and now one has been able to fix this problem.  I have a Mac and PC connect. I have tried both directly and wireless and my connection still cuts out.

Is it time for a class action law suit to get our money back to pay the contract cancellation fee?

0 Likes