Internet Explorer cannot display webpage error
jkitt123

I cannot access the website: www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com from my Verizon DSL.  The site is up and running because I can get to it at work (a different provider).  I was able to access this site a week ago as I bought the software, but now I cannot get on the site for support or downloads.  I have cleared my cache, tried from another computer on my network that has never seen that site, even reset my modem and router.

I've not had any other website or internet issues.

I hope someone can help. . .I've tried navigating Verizon's site for help or email contact but either is nearly impossible.  I don't want to call support and spend an hour on the phone going through pointless steps that won't resolve the issue.

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Internet Explorer cannot display webpage error
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Try running a tracert to the website and see where it's timing out. This will help isolate where the problem is.

It's entirely possible that the IP address you've received from Verizon is on the site's blacklist. If this is the case, you can try using a proxy (like the ones listed here) or unplug your router for a few hours to get a new IP address from Verizon. There is probably also a way to contact the site owners to request that they remove your subnet from the blocked list.

As for contacting support, I suggest you visit the Contact Us page. There are options for Email and Live Chat (if available in your area) listed.

0 Likes
jkitt123

Thanks for the reply somegirl.  Have been busy but finally got a chance to try you suggestions:

I unplugged my router for about 12 hrs with no change.

tracert returned the following:

Tracing route to www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com [81.169.145.81]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  (My router addrerss)

2    24 ms    23 ms    24 ms  L100.AUBNIN-DSL-01.verizon-gni.net [71.97.128.1]

3    24 ms    23 ms    24 ms  P0-3.AUBNIN-LCR-01.verizon-gni.net [130.81.34.36]

4    29 ms    29 ms    29 ms  so-6-1-0-0.CHI01-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net 130.81.28.172]

5    31 ms    31 ms    30 ms  0.ge-7-2-0.XT1.CHI2.ALTER.NET [152.63.1.9]

6    31 ms    30 ms    30 ms  0.so-7-1-0.XL3.CHI13.ALTER.NET [152.63.64.109]

7    32 ms    30 ms    31 ms  TenGigE0-6-1-0.GW2.CHI13.ALTER.NET [152.63.65.133]

8     *        *        *     Request timed out.

9     *        *        *     Request timed out.

10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *     ^C

I ran it three times with the same results.

I was able to get to the website using one of the proxy's in your link.  However, I would like to resolve this and not use a proxy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you are able to get there via a proxy, odds are that the website does indeed have your subnet blocked. You will need to contact the site administrators about getting it unblocked. Your subnet is the first 2 octets of your Verizon-assigned IP address. You can get this by accessing your modem's GUI. It should be listed as the WAN IP Address.

The only other option is to keep unplugging your router to get a new IP address until you get one that is not on the same subnet. For example: Let's say your WAN IP Address is 192.168.101.54 (It never will be, but just for the sake of example.) You would need an IP address that does not start with 192.168.xxx.xxx - In a simplified sense, that would be your subnet.

0 Likes