Internet For Life -- Originally up to 3.0Mbps, but only provisioned for 1.5Mbps
vineyard11
Enthusiast - Level 1

In 2007 I signed up for Verizon Internet For Life Pricing. At that time it was advertised at up to 3.0Mbps, but I was "provisioned" at only 1.5Mbps. I believe this was because we were too far from the repeater to achieve the higher speed. Since then, Verizon has upgraded its equipment and advertised significantly higher speeds available (they want to sell me a new plan that would provide 3.0Mbps). So my goal is to get the higher speed "provisioned" on my account without giving up or changing my plan. I spent almost two hours today on the Support chat line, and the many people I was transferred to never even understood my request and totally wasted my time. So I have two questions:

1. Did I misremember the plan I signed up for at $27.99 a month (I have Verizon phone service in addition)? I have one document that shows the 1.5Mbps from Verizon, and another official Verizon document when I placed the order that says I am on the "up to 3.0Mbps" plan. I have located several articles on the internet from that time period  that describes the plan as an up to 3.0 Mbps service for $27.99.

2. Does anyone know how to contact an intelligent person at Verizon who can verify I am entitled to the 3.0Mbps and order the Tech Support department to change the "provisioning" on my account to 3.0Mbps.

Thanks for your help.