Internet Issue -- Dispatch Technician??
DuckFlogger
Enthusiast - Level 1

My high-speed internet keeps disconnecting early-AM (1-2am) on Thursdays or Fridays...   Sometimes it comes back up after 8-10 hours other times I have to wait for days.

A technician came out once and replaced some components at the outside box,  he told me "if this continues contact Verizon and we'll work on the rest of the components as needed."

All well and good but I just burnt an entire month's worth of airtime on a prepaid phone trying to set up an appointment.  

That's right THREE HOURS on the phone, despite my pleading they WOULD NOT dispatch a tech she insisted on running various dagnostics and insisted that I reset my router dozens of times.

I cannot, repeat CANNOT call Verizon to get a technician as I DO NOT have any airtime left!

Is there a way to dispatch a tech WITHOUT going through the phone system?  

Re: Internet Issue -- Dispatch Technician??
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

#2 Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of that RJ-45 WAN port router?

#3 Even If you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from your modem and you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem: What is the brand and model of that RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes