Internet connectivity problems
BobDeP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had connectivity problems for over two months. Verizon even sent me a new router but that did not improve my situation. I believe the only to resolve this is if everyone that is having this problem consider filing a class action suit against Verizon. Maybe then something will be done to solve everyone's issue once and for all.

0 Likes
Re: Internet connectivity problems
AdamC3

Me too.  Long time customer- never had DSL problems before. Started 2 months ago.  Frequent interruptions in service.  Makes VOIP phone unusable.  On line gaming too.  If it ca't be resolved I'll have to switch to cable.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@AdamC wrote:

Me too.  Long time customer- never had DSL problems before. Started 2 months ago.  Frequent interruptions in service.  Makes VOIP phone unusable.  On line gaming too.  If it ca't be resolved I'll have to switch to cable.

Have you contacted Verizon regarding this issue?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you mention the type of problems you're seeing? Maybe we as a community could help get the problem fixed or point you in the right direction in Verizon's support 🙂

0 Likes
BobDeP
Enthusiast - Level 3

It starts out with a good connection and on the task bar I see the icon on the right side stating I have internet connection. Somewhere between 15 to 20 minutes I lose the connection; the icon shows that I lost the internet, the DSL light flashes and the internet light eventually goes off. I reboot the router and I am on for a while and then the same thing repeats. I spoke to a Verizon tech I had worked with and he said he heard that there was an equipment failure somewhere.

If Verizon would just give me a valid reason I can either address it on my computer or wait until they fix it. To go through their tech support is worse than a root canal.

If you need more info just let me know as I think you have a good idea if we can all give eachother some feedback.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could very well be equpiment problem, but the question is where would that problem be?

Could you provide some modem Transceiver Statistics for us to see? If you don't know or can't find out how to get them just tell us the modem brand and model number you have. DSL light flashing is a loss of sync so we need to see if the statistics are bad or if it may be something else.

0 Likes
BobDeP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got the Actiontec model GT784 so I am not very familiar with it. Just let me know where I would find the transceiver statistics and I will shoot them of to you.

Thanks

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For an ActionTec, visit: http://192.168.1.1/ and log in using one of the following username and password combinations if you did not change it:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/verizon

admin/verizon1

Your Verizon Username and Password.

Keep in mind if your modem has never had it's password changed from password, it will ask you to set another password for it to use and will not allow you further than a password reset page.

Once logged in, click on Status on the top of the page and then click on DSL Status. That should present Transceiver Statistics for you.

0 Likes
BobDeP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info. I had already done that and still had problems. BUT low and behold the problem got resolved. I believe it was a problem with a piece of Verizon equipment and all they had to do to keep me calm was to tell me the truth. That would have been more acceptable than not knowing where the problem was originating from. I will probably do anew post so that Verizon reads it and may learn a lesson.

Thanks, again, for the help.

0 Likes
TheArchitec

Yes I am having the EXACT same issue now.  I have a Westall 7500.  The tech came here on Wednesday of this week to fix my issue.  Guess what?  They did fix the issue, but it only worked for a few hours then the issue got WORSE lol!  Now I can't get online at all and my phoneline doesn't work.

I have Dsl.  Sounds like their DSL SUCKS lol!  If I don't get this fixed soon then I'll probably just leave Verizon all together. 

0 Likes