Internet disconnects constantly please help
yellowrose54
Enthusiast - Level 1

So for the past few weeks or so my net has been disconnecting constantly  for example today it has disconnected more thyan 10 times and this is really starting to annoy me, so can someone please help and tell me how to fix this problem thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Internet disconnects constantly please help
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
UnhappyJeff

this reply was pointless.   Everyone born in the last 50 years knows to turn electronics on and off when malfunctioning.  Verizon is putting zero real effort into customr service.  the web site is a nightmare to get through, chat takes forever and there is no way to conveniently report a problem.

I spent an hour on the Chat yesterday to have the {please keep your posts courteous} tell me to just switch my cable so that the ends now plug into the opposite ports/wall jack.  He swore this would fix my intermitent failure problem.

Of course the problem came back 30 minutes later as expeted.

For weeks now my internet just drops and restarts of its own accord.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

UnhappyJeff,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
yellowrose54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry for the late response but none of the suggested options really offer any help at all. So, are there any other possible solutions to my problem?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let's check the modem Transceiver statistics out first. Please post them up for us to see. If you're not sure how to get them, please let us know the make and model of your modem and we'll give you some instructions on how to get them.

0 Likes
yellowrose54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok my modem is a Westell 6100G.

0 Likes
trose12

i"m having same problem, have the same modem but it's Verizon that is not working and not giving us a straight answer.  Have run diagnostics and they all say it's an ISP problem.  Service person said engineers are working on repairs.  This has been going on spasmodically and it's a real problem.  Log in just get connected and it cuts out.  Sometimes it comes back, you get back on and it cuts off again after 5 minutes.  I hate cable but this is getting ridiculous.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Finding and posting the Transceiver Statistics.

#1 Visit http://192.168.1.1/ for me and do the following:

a) If you see a Blue and White Westell page, mouse over Troubleshooting, go to DSL, and choose Transceiver Statistics. Copy and Paste the information on that page.

b) If using the Red and Black Firmware: Go to System Monitoring > Advanced Monitors > Transceiver Statistics. Copy and Paste the information on that page.

c) Try visiting http://192.168.1.1/transtat.htm which is a direct link to the Stats on older modems.

d) If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/Serial Number

By Serial Number, I don't mean type in the words Serial Number. I mean find and type in the serial number found on the bottom of this router.

Step two:

#2 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace) might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3
Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears you no longer need assistance. Please make a new post anytime you need our assistance.
0 Likes