Switch Account

Internet keeps cutting out on my Westell Model 6100

Internet keeps cutting out on my Westell Model 6100

Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(932 Views)

Since Verizon doesn't even list this device anymore, what can I do.  The last 2 weeks the internet (geen light) cuts out and I lose my connection.  When this began I would recheck all the plugs each time.  Eventually Internet light is green and I have a connection.  The DSL light stays green, doesn't go out.  It's gotten so I tap it on the table, jiggle the connections in back of the modem/router/gateway (what ever it's called) and the Internet green light comes on, but then goes out again later.  I called Verizon early last week and thought they were going to send me a new one, but it  doesn't appear there is a word order.  Does Verizon send out replacements?  What can I do.  I really don't need to upgrade, it's not in my budget, I'm retired.  Any words of wisdom for me?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 2
(896 Views)

Yes you should get a newer modem (I believe the Westell 7500) shipped to you at no cost. It will come with instructions and is very easy to setup. In the mean time try a differnet cable but from your description you do need a new modem (that comes with new cables).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.