Internet keeps dropping out
Draco881

it's been almost a week since the problem started. my internet has dropped out atleast 5 different times. when i call verizon they tell me to do everything that i already have. at this point im ready to blow up my router. im looking into getting a different service because of this.

0 Likes
Re: Internet keeps dropping out
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dun hate on the router! It's not the router's fault all the time! :C

When your connection drops out, is your Internet light simply going off? Does the DSL light go out/flash with it?

0 Likes
Draco881

yes, the internet light goes out and doesnt come back on.  i have powered the router off and back on and the light still doesnt come back on. i've had to do a complete reset several times to get it to work. the router is a westell 7500.

0 Likes
Marluxia13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had that problem before i called my technician. He had verizon switch their routers on their end, because apparently the one they had set was a "juniper lightspan" or something along those lines and it wasn't very compatible with the 7500, so they switched it to a "redback".  After that, there was still a problem with it because i was STILL losing sync, but perhaps that will solve your issue. I'm no expert by any means but you could call their tech and give it a shot.