Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Internet lock

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Internet lock

Message 1 of 3
(801 Views)

I used to have a physical device with a button on top that would cut off all internet access. Given the increased threat against computer security, I'm looking for another such device. I can't remember the vendor, and haven't had any luck in online searches yet. To reiterate, I'm looking for a PHYSICAL device, not software that can be subverted. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Internet lock

Message 3 of 3
(746 Views)

@pjsutton wrote:

How about just turning off the modem when you're not using it?  Or, just unplug the phone cord from the back of the modem?  I've never heard of what you're talking about before.

Before turning off the modem overnight or pulling the phone cord, make sure Verizon is asked to disable ASSIA optimization from the line. If the modem is not synced for a while, this may cause Verizon's optimizer to think the line is having trouble and decrease the line speed.

The DSL service is intended to be always connected, and the optimizer assumes that..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 2 of 3
(778 Views)

How about just turning off the modem when you're not using it?  Or, just unplug the phone cord from the back of the modem?  I've never heard of what you're talking about before.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 3
(747 Views)

@pjsutton wrote:

Before turning off the modem overnight or pulling the phone cord, make sure Verizon is asked to disable ASSIA optimization from the line. If the modem is not synced for a while, this may cause Verizon's optimizer to think the line is having trouble and decrease the line speed.

The DSL service is intended to be always connected, and the optimizer assumes that..

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.