Internet outages in Gaithersburg, MD
11roses

Internet has been down since Sunday morning (7/17).  On the phone troubleshooting for 90 minutes on Sunday, 30 minutes yesterday, now they confirm some type of outage.

Anyone else having problems?

0 Likes
Re: Internet outages in Gaithersburg, MD
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

Our apologies for any trouble that you are experiencing. I sent you a private message to assist.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
joyemma

I've had the same problems since two weeks ago!!

Now it's been a week, the connection is now and then broken... almost disconnected!

(1) Ttransmission seems working on, but due to the sloooow rate, I can't connect anytime!

(2) Even the phone service is out of order.

(3) So strange is that the key for the internet entrance is needless recently?

Please help~~~

(near Palmtree Drive)

0 Likes
RachaelB

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

Regards,

RachaelB

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your phone service is completely down but the DSL is remaining online but at a slow rate, it's possible one of the two wire pairs somewhere along the line might have broken. DSL can operate on one wire, however it's distance is severely reduced due to the second cable being broken, which increases the amount of electrical interference that the line regularly receives. Normally that interference doesn't bother DSL, but a wire pair that is out of service will take DSL service out no matter how long the fault is. I've seen DSL circuits fail to sync up with only 30 feet of a single wire running by a flourescent light. It took connecting the second wire to completely eliminate that interference to allow the modem to sync.

Have you check to verify that your phone services works out at the NID, or no? If it is down at the NID when you connect a wired phone to the test jack, complain to Voice Repair since service outages if it's due to bad wiring should be corrected as soon as possible (meaning no more than 24-48 hours). If it works fine outside, you have an issue inside.

0 Likes