Internet service downgraded when i moved
angryuser123

Hello,

I have a billing dispute. I recently ordered a transfer of service. I pay about $32 for the 3.0 MBS plan. I asked specifically if my service would just transfer and if everything would remain the same and I was assured that it would. However, when my internet was turned on at my new place, I noticed the speed was in the 0.7 to 1 MBS range when I had the the 3.0 MBS plan. When I called Verizon to inquire about this, I was told that my account had indeed been put on a slower plan without my knowledge or consent. I was transferred to a local office who then confirmed the downgrade and that it would cost me $39.99 a month to get back my existing speed.

This is ridiculous and not right. I ordered a simple change of address for my service, I only moved 5 minutes away. 

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I could do?  Cause at this point, I'm thinking I should drop them

Looking forward to your input.

0 Likes
Re: overcharge
junkman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Welcome to Verizon's arrogant world. I've had an ongoing problem with them for three months now. I'm assured it was taken care of but my new bill comes in and its back on again. As you state they want money to fix your problem. That is the same answer I received, pay money and they also added on late fees for the disputed amount. I always thought disputed amounts were not charged late fees and once solved of course in Verizon's eyes when you send money. I would never recommend Verizon. I'm sorry but take it from me you'll have to pay up.

Ed K.

0 Likes
Re: Internet service downgraded when I moved
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@junkman wrote:

Welcome to Verizon's arrogant world. I've had an ongoing problem with them for three months now. I'm assured it was taken care of but my new bill comes in and its back on again. As you state they want money to fix your problem. That is the same answer I received, pay money and they also added on late fees for the disputed amount. I always thought disputed amounts were not charged late fees and once solved of course in Verizon's eyes when you send money. I would never recommend Verizon. I'm sorry but take it from me you'll have to pay up.

EK

0 Likes
Re: Internet service downgraded when i moved
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check what your account states you're paying for against the actual speed you currently have. If they did in fact downgrade you, fight to get the speed back for the $30 a month rate you had. If you're on the non 1Mbps plan (basically, 1.1Mbps to 15Mbps), get the modem Transceiver Statistics and post them up for us to see. If you need help getting these, please let us know what model of modem you have.

0 Likes