Internet service
Mycheese

I have contacted customer service regards to my internet service, have had no problems until spring of this year. What changed? I pay almost $200.00 a month for a service I am not receiving. Am lucky to get online 2 days a week, all I usually get is unable to connect to server. No other service is available in the area, when I called and asked was informed their service was not available in the area because we already had a provider in the area which is Verizon. Verizon talks up their 5G but yet are unable to provide service to their current customers. Other individuals in my area also are having the same problems, poor to no service. I call this discrimination.

0 Likes
Re: Internet service
jonjones1
Legend

@bon1919 wrote:

I have contacted customer service regards to my internet service, have had no problems until spring of this year. What changed? I pay almost $200.00 a month for a service I am not receiving. Am lucky to get online 2 days a week, all I usually get is unable to connect to server. No other service is available in the area, when I called and asked was informed their service was not available in the area because we already had a provider in the area which is Verizon. Verizon talks up their 5G but yet are unable to provide service to their current customers. Other individuals in my area also are having the same problems, poor to no service. I call this discrimination.

You could look into satellite internet service just google it.

faster than DSL but slower than fios and cable internet.

0 Likes
Re: Internet service
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are some symptoms of the issue? Flashing DSL light? Red Internet Light? Static on your phone line? Maybe we could figure out what's up to get the service back to it's former stability.

As mentioned above, Satellite and even Wireless solutions might be available to get you online, although they also often come with downfalls like data caps and selective throttling, and can also be expensive depending on your Internet use.