Internet won't connect....
SaraR

So my service ready date came around, and I began installing my modem, which is a Westell 7500. I got everything all hooked up but was not getting a connection to the internet. So I tested a regular phone on my jack and it said We're sorry, we cannot complete your call. I know for a fact that there is nothing wrong with the way the wiring is hooked up inside my jack or in the phone line box outside. I'm thinking that maybe it didn't get set up for internet? Does anyone know what could cause this problem and how I go about fixing it?

0 Likes
Re: Internet won't connect....
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Only the DSL modem does not need a DSL Filter. All other devices need a DSL filter.

#2 Please tell us which lights on the modem are off, on, blicking, or colored (for example: red).

0 Likes
SaraR

The data light is flashing, the internet light turned red during one of my attempts and just stays off during other attempts.

0 Likes
wantscomcast

I had Comcast high speed intenet until recently when I moved to a location that does not have it.  Went with Verizon.  Worst experience of my life.  Internet was installed in September and it has been down more than it has worked.  At one point, they had it hooked up so that if I turned off the modem, my home phone would go dead.  No, they're not the same line!  I have spent over 24 hours total on the phone with tech support.....nice folks but they just don't understand me.  I have now been without internet for 7 straight days.  First they said it was a problem in my area, then they said I had a defective modem (anybody else got a 6100?), then they said they would send someone out to the house.  7 days later and I'm more frustrated than ever.  I am getting rid of Verizon and going to find someone who knows what they are doing.  They send losers to my home who don't know what they are doing.  I get no satisfaction from Custome Support, the Verizon website does everything in its power to keep you from actually contacting a real person and making your case.  Maybe some smart techie at Verizon will see this and want to contact me.  Bring it on.  I HATE VERIZON.

0 Likes
SaraR

Oops I made a mistake, I don't have the 7500 I have the G6100 modem.  Still can't get my internet connected, last night when  I tried, when I first plug everything in, the internet light goes yellow, then that light goes off and the data and dsl lights take turns flashing and being steady green, then the internet light goes red. I tried all the troubleshooting that came with the equipment and nothing has worked. I looked at my network properties and the modem is connected and sending and recieving data but the internet just won't connect... Does anyone know if it's possible that the line coming from the power lines into my phone line box maybe isn't internet capable? everything should work and that is the only thing I can think of that would be causing the problem. So does verizon fix that or the city?

0 Likes
mari47

Call 1-800-567-6789 for tech support.  One in Ten tech support advisors are brilliant.  Call back if your issue is not resolved. More than likely, you will not get the same person.

0 Likes
MikeyRider

I've been having this same {word filter avoidance} problem since July!

I've been on the phone with their tech support at least 8 or 9 times since then trying to get my issue resolved.  I used to have a separate modem and wireless router and was told by the tech support people (in India by the way) that there isn't a problem with the line, it's a modem problem.

So OK, I finally get a hold of someone in the states and they send me a new modem/wireless router combination.  I hook it up and I still get no signal.  I call the tech support again and I get India.  The person on the other end asks me if the ready light is blinking.  I say yes and he says he will run a test on the line.  About 5 minutes later he came back on the line and tells me everything checks out ok on his end and that the problem is resolved.  I tell him it's not resolved because the ready light is blinking and I cannot connect to the internet.  I'm then told that is all they can do and since they are getting a good signal on their end then the issue is resolved.  I told the guy that I am paying for a service that they are not providing and will drop Verizon if he doesn't give me someone else to talk to.  He then tells me that's fine and that it's all he can do on his end.  I tried again to explain to him I cannot access the internet and he insisted it was working and I was told to have a nice day and I was hung up on.

So by some miracle I called tech support back and got someone in the United States.  So to make a long story short a tech came to the house and called me on my cell phone.  He was actually someone who I went to grade school with.  So he worked for a couple of hours and finally was able to get the Ready light to stay solid but told me the wiring from the outside was bad and it needed to be done.  Fine, so I had a steady Ready light.  I then tried to log into the router to set up the user and password and when I tried to log in with my Verizon credentials it told me it wasn't correct (or something similar).  So I called the tech support team and they tried to walk through with me for over an hour and we still couldn't get it to work right.  Then they said they would send another person out another day but they came out and did absolutely nothing for me.  Then the Ready light started blinking and continues to do so (this for over a month now).  Luckily my neighbor allowed me to use his wireless access until this gets fixed.

So now I'm told once again someone will have to come out on Monday afternoon to try and get this resolved.

If Comcast wasn't so expensive I would have gone with them.

I wouldn't recommend Verizon DSL to my worst enemy.

0 Likes
NJDisappointed

Same here.  I have a Model 6100G, and a brand new account, and can't solve the problem.  I thought it was my internal lines. so I installed a brand new one from the box on the side of the house--didn't work.  Then I plugged the modem directly into the interface box.  Still didn't work.  Tech help refuses to believe me, and says I must call them from my house and let them test the line.  Sigh. 

Ditto on not wishing Verison on even my worst enemy.

I will cancel my account tomorrow and go with CableVision--at least their service works (most of the time).

0 Likes