Interrupted service damaged equipment, moving on
wilsonkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to thank Verizon for finally forcing my decision for moving to cable internet.

I was recently downloading a file for my LAMP server.  The internet connection went down part way through, bricking my LAMP server setup.  I now have to spend either several hours repairing it or spend $100 for a new one. 

Thank you Verizon for making me realize that I can't count on your service to be reliable.  I will be moving to cable internet in the next few weeks after several years as a customer.

Re: Interrupted service damaged equipment, moving on
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Are you on Residential Service or on Business Service?

#2 Was (or where you planning to have) your server avaible to outsiders?

#3 If avaible to outsiders, how:

a) VPN ?

b) Portforwarding in your router ?

#4 Did (or do you) you have an IPv6 Public Address?

http://ipv6.whatismyv6.com/

0 Likes
wilsonkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

The LAMP server was for an inclass local LAN with no connection to the outside world.  It was not going to be connected to my home service.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there any other reason why you're leaving Verizon besides the connection dropping out, breaking a software install? I'm suffering from a routing outage at the moment, not going to leave Verizon just because these things happen. To be honest, your LAMP install should be fixed in a matter of minutes provided you know the location of your configs, databases and files, but not hours. The upgrades to be on the safe side should be done from a verified package, not on the fly while everything is live. That's just asking for things to be hosed.

If this is on a Linux machine it should be a piece of cake to get back up and running.