Is Verizon throttling YouTube downloads/playing?
edspyhill091
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is Verizon throttling YouTube downloads/playing?  Or is this a YouTube problem?

Ed S.

0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon throttling YouTube downloads/playing?
edspyhill091
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW:

Desktop, WIndows 8, new & latest modem, happening right now at 12:15 am,  just as slow downloading file with "YouTube Downloader" software. 

0 Likes
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

yeah youtube been slow for me too for like 3 months already! in philly and seems like quite a few ppl from the northeast states are affected too/blame verizon and youtube for not getting their crap together

0 Likes
edspyhill091
Enthusiast - Level 3

I opted for the additional Verizon Internet speed and my download speed has slowed down.  Since Verizon hasn't responded to any of the YouTube questions I have to surmise that Verizon is throttling Internet traffic of home users.  HD stations on FIOS TV drop snippets of audio at least 10 times an hour.  Maybe it is time to go back to Comcast . 

0 Likes
andylui8
Enthusiast - Level 3

the youtube buffering is soooo annoying...usually only happens during 6pm or later

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's a youtube problem, according to this it's wide spread.

Problems Persist Despite Faster Broadband

There are some recommended fixes if you follow some of the links and discussion.

Despite the faster speeds now being pushed through fiber and DOCSIS 3.0, there's many users who continue to suffer from the inability to quickly and consistently stream YouTube videos. Spend a few minutes in any of our forums and you'll find this is a universal problem with many carriers, including AT&T U-VerseVerizon FiOS and Time Warner Cable

0 Likes
zotzer

Verizon IS throttling, and if it is not stopped by the end of the week, I am switching carriers.  Comcast users in my area (Northern Virginia) are reporting no problems.  tick tock, Verizon.  

0 Likes
Newwt

I've been having the same problem for a month now.

After trying multiple fixes, I have come to the conclusion with the help of different PC enthusist forums that Verizon is throttling Youtube. So much for FIOS not being throttled, youtube is unwatchable for me and if it isn't fixed in the next month or so I will be switching.

0 Likes