Issue with speed upgrade
OmgLook

Hi, I have had Verizon's high speed internet .5-1 mbps for many years and recently I decided to upgrade my speed to the 15mpbs package. My original order was placed on September 26 and the activation was 2 days following that. My speed was never upgraded (i checked my speed at speedtest.com)  and i proceeded to call tech service. I restarted my  modem many times to no avail. Many calls later the billing department said there was a problem with the orded and so it was reordered. My account now indicated that i was on the 15mbps upgraded, however my speed at home was still the same original 1mbps speed.

Once again I called tech support and inquired about my problem, a repair ticket was opened for me on September 26 . When it reached the commitment date i never receieved a phone call as promised, but rather my date was pushed back another day. This pattern of pushing the date back proceeded until October 5th. Since October 5th the date no longer was updating and the ticket is still open. It is October 8th today I have yet to receive a phone call.

I have restarted my modem everyday since the repair ticket was created, I have called tech support everday to inquire about the repair. Everytime phone call I make I am told that tests are being run on my line, and that checks are being made at the Central Office; that i will recieve a phone call by that night. I have never received a phonecall back from anyone. I am not criticizing anyone or anything like that, I just wish to have my speed upgraded as promised.

My modem is Westell 7500

My operating system is Windows 7

My download speed is appx .75mbps/upload .06mbps

I really do not want to cancel the order because I find that the plan is really of great value if it really went through.

I am sincerely asking for help, I see this as my last resort being that the phone calls have failed me.

0 Likes
Re: Issue with speed upgrade
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Issue with speed upgrade
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If ornaph isn't able to help you figure out what the deal is, post back here so we can check out the line for any signs of the order not being processed. There's lots of reasons besides computer glitches that a speed would not be pushed.

0 Likes