Issues with new DSL connection
chefbear
I have a laptop and a desktop, both Windows XP, one using IE7 and the other Mozilla.  Both computers have been scanned (clean), both have had all history / temps / cookies cleared, and yet I cannot access websites.  I get a "connection to server was interrupted" and "the domain domain.domainame.com is taking too long to respond" error messages.  Power cycling does nothing, but bandwidth tests are consistently good - 3 MB down / 800 KB up.  The modem is a Westell 6100f.  Refreshing the IP works about 10% of the time.  I have only had this for 3 weeks - connection was fine at first, then quickly got slower, and now this.  It is impossible to access the internet on either computer since websites never load.  Also, when I can't access a website, I try pinging IP and name, and neither works.  Technically speaking I always have connectivity, and can access some sites.  The sites I can and cannot access are never the same.  Any suggestions would be helpful. 
0 Likes
Re: Issues with new DSL connection
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

This is an absolute stretch.. if you are connecting wirelessly, double check that you are connecting to the correct wireless network. There were times where my connection would drop and my computer would find the next nearest wireless network (a neighbors network) that was slow as can be.

0 Likes
Re: Issues with new DSL connection
mimold

See this thread: http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=High_Speed_Internet&thread.id=2005

I believe your problem is similar to those described there.

0 Likes