Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Just like clock work tech support blames congestion for DSL crashing to .05 Mbps

SIXCHRISTIES
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Just like clock work tech support blames congestion for DSL crashing to .05 Mbps

Message 1 of 2
(451 Views)

Got ping of 800-1500 download is .12-.04mbps upload .2-.1 Mbps for the past 3 months. Have had tech at house 2 times saying could be line between house and service point.  But now they say its congestion and I just have to deal with it and see if customer service will comp. fee.  So they are saying I have just as much congestion at 0200 as u do at 1900(7 pm), find that hard to believe.  Really "deal with it" and keep paying for a serves slower than dial up (512 Kbps dial up, I am getting 100-40 Kbps).  Think with an answer like that, maybe time to switch to cable for internet, like my direct TV to much to switch plus they have great customer service unlike verizon.

1 REPLY 1
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Just like clock work tech support blames congestion for DSL crashing to .05 Mbps

Message 2 of 2
(370 Views)

I found another thread that might help you.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27865319-speed-latency-hard-to-stay-above-dial-up-speeds-VZ-direct

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.