Switch Account

Just wanted to share this Speed Test with you

Just wanted to share this Speed Test with you

Contributor jako14o
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(677 Views)

Today, it is the WORST it has ever been.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1275646588.png

Did you know I have not even had 1.5mb since I've signed up for this service (the minimum advertised speed for the plan I pay for)? The BEST has been .8mb.

I hope Verizon is as willing to let me break my contract as it is to provide speeds below the minimum advertised.

3 REPLIES 3
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 4
(575 Views)

Jako I have sent you a private message, please check.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Contributor boondocs990
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(521 Views)

Anthony,  I am also having very poor DSL speeds.  Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1280400433.png

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 4
(504 Views)

If you are getting slow speeds, then the best way to confirm it is not on your end is to have no routers in place. connect your computer direct to the modem and test it. Also make sure all DSL filters are in place and working. remove all devices if direct connection is still slow to isolate any other devices as well as a bad DSL filter. if just the DSL modem and computer are connected to the line and you are still getting slow speeds. Call tech support with this same setup and have them run a line test. It could be a bad line, defective modem, too far from the DSL Central Office. Have you ever had the speeds? Please contact tech support after what I advised above so this can be resolve properly and fast.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.