Keep losing connection to Internet...
jmh10

...and often when I am able to gain access to the Internet upon opening a couple of tabs (on Google Chrome) my computer "freezes" and I have to turn my computer off then on again.

0 Likes
Re: Keep losing connection to Internet...
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 What is the brand and model of your Router?

#3 What software firewall is on your computer?

0 Likes
Txgal1

Did you get this problem fixed, and what was the solution? I am having the same issue, but don't even have more than one window open.

0 Likes
stesorbma

I log on to the internet and after 15 minutes it shuts down.  This has happened the last week. 

0 Likes
stesorbma

I have the same internet service at work and it is not happening

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The whole computer freezes? To me this certainly clues into a software issue on the machine rather than an issue with the DSL service.

To the above poster: Can you provide the information DSLR asked for above?

Txgal1

My modem is Westel 6100G, supplied by Verizon when I signed up for DSL.

Firewall is: Windows FIrewall.

I can find no information on the router on my computer, so I don't know what it is.

I kind of figured it was something with my computer, but thought I would check out the connection first.

I have run my virus, malware and spyware programs with no results.

Could the modem be faulty? I appreciate any help you can be.

Thanks.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Txgal wrote:

My modem is Westel 6100G, supplied by Verizon when I signed up for DSL.

Firewall is: Windows FIrewall.

I can find no information on the router on my computer, so I don't know what it is.

I kind of figured it was something with my computer, but thought I would check out the connection first.

I have run my virus, malware and spyware programs with no results.

Could the modem be faulty? I appreciate any help you can be.

Thanks.

Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from the Westell? Visit http://192.168.1.1/ for me and do the following:

1: If you see a Blue and White Westell page, mouse over Troubleshooting, go to DSL, and choose Transceiver Statistics. Copy/Paste the information on that page.

2: Go to System Monitoring > Advanced Monitors > Transceiver Statistics. Copy/Paste the information on that page.

3: Try visiting http://192.168.1.1/transtat.htm which is a direct link to the Stats on older modems.

If you need a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

0 Likes
Txgal1

Sorry, I cannot get access to the Westell site. None of the ID/passwords you provided will work. Is there anything else I can ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
bkline1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today 12/8/11 my DSL wireless connections and my ethernet connection were all erratic.  I had to re-boot my Westell 6100 modem/router about 12 times.  Has Verizon announced a problem in Brookline?

0 Likes