Re: Lafayette, IN. DSL problem
babuji45
Enthusiast - Level 1

We recently started using Verizon internet service. First they sent us a Westell6100G modem which was working fine. However it did not connect thru Linksysk wireless router. Verizon then sent us Westell 7500 with built in router. This modem gives exactly the same problem. The conncetion drops very frequently. I was on phone with Verizon tech support for almost three hours and they suggested that modem might be bad and they will replace it. We have sent the 7500 modem back for replacement and meanwhile again using 6100G which is working fine.

My question is, what type of modem you guys with dropping connecrtion are using?

Thanks,

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@babuji45 wrote:

We recently started using Verizon internet service. First they sent us a Westell6100G modem which was working fine. However it did not connect thru Linksysk wireless router.

Ok.

If you still have the Linksys, you could follow this

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

0 Likes
pahaso

I got curious if they would actually cancel an appointment without notifying me, so I waited. And they have. Amazing what they can get away with, hm? The technician I talked to through the phone said they are working on the problem on their end (central station), and he was able to get a dispatch team in 24 to 48 hours. Not that I'm going to sit and wait like today, though. If they come while I'm not home, too bad...

0 Likes
viper92583

Actiontec GT704-WGB

That's the modem we've got, and it's giving us all sorts of trouble...

0 Likes
jlee203

Just got home from work, so I haven't had an opportunity to call Verizon today. I do see they closed your ticket without your knowledge though, which is par for the course with them.

Anyone in the area hear anything else from Verizon?

I'd recommend we all call again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. I can't imagine how many others are having the same problem, we are just the people who thought to use the Verizon forums....

0 Likes
SandTrap

Same problem, again, last night.  Central Lafayette.

I'm hearing that this is a very widespread problem in the Greater Lafayette area.  The symptom I'm seeing is that name service lookups just plumb fail at frequent intervals (every few minutes or so).  I've tried taking Verizon's DNS out of the equation, but that doesn't fix the problem.  There's something broken in the Verizon network ...

... if, indeed, we're talking about the Verizon network.  The upcoming sale to Frontier gives Verizon absolutely no incentive to apply the resources to fix this, or, more likely, an incentive to coordinate the people needed to fix the problem.  That's how this company does business.

Can you hear me now!  I know lots of people are reporting this problem with your DSL services in Lafayette Indiana, but your "DSL STATUS" shows "NOTHING TO REPORT."  That's the level we've sunk in Verizon's view.

0 Likes
pahaso

I just read about Verizon-Frontier deal. I'm sure you know what my concerns are at this point... High speed internet service needs more competition, seriously.

0 Likes
jlee203

Well, I play a game online that has been getting interrupted do to this issue for the last couple weeks. Normally I would get disconnected within 3 minutes of logging on, but so far today I've been on for 15 without a problem....anyone else notice any improvements? Maybe this has been fixed, but I could just be optimistic....

0 Likes
pahaso

Yes, I've been dropped only once since Tuesday evening. I'll stick with Verizon for now, but so much damage done to my loyalty... They seem to have cancelled the dispatch without notifying me again.

0 Likes